• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Sano_sky

Sano_sky
6 years ago#1
His game ruined the Phoenix Wright character I came to love and replaced him with a dull stuck up annoying bracelet loving jerk.

But after playing DD I gotta say I like Apollo Justice and I'm fine. Not only did this game make up for the horrible life Phoenix had to deal with but it also made Apollo much more likable. I was worried about Athena too because ... well Apollo fears all over again but they made her fit in so well and gave Phoenix the Senior status he deserved. Even in the courtroom Phoenix was on a whole other level handling most situations like a breeze compared to Apollo and even more so Athena who constantly needed help and assurance I loved it.

This game now ranks

#1 Trials and Tribulations
#2 Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
#3 THIS GAME
#4 Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice for All
#5 dirt

#789 Apollo Justice
legends aren't born they're cancelled
RIP MML3 7-18-2011

User Info: TheWayofPie

TheWayofPie
6 years ago#2
Apollo a jerk? Who loves bracelets? Or are you talking about Phoenix?

I don't understand.
Ridley: *Adjusts monocole* Why, I've become civilized, my dear Samantha! Anyway, come, sit, have some tea. -Master_Warlord7 Same Time Posts: 8

User Info: Cosplaythief

Cosplaythief
6 years ago#3
TheWayofPie posted...
Apollo a jerk? Who loves bracelets? Or are you talking about Phoenix?

I don't understand.

I believe the topic starter meant that they are a hardcore Phoenix fan and that they hated/demonised Apollo just because they couldn't play as Phoenix enough in AA4. TC was ready to start the Athena blamewagon until they noticed that they can play as Phoenix in DD so everything is chill now and TC let go of their unjustified hate for Apollo.

Did that clear up everything?

User Info: BeanBeanKingdom

BeanBeanKingdom
6 years ago#4
Apollo was always cool he just had a severe case of being overshadowed by everyone, be it hobo-Nick in plot relevance or Klavier in solving cases (meaning that Klavier sometimes helped Apollo win too much).
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.

User Info: Cosplaythief

Cosplaythief
6 years ago#5
BeanBeanKingdom posted...
Apollo was always cool he just had a sever case of being overshadowed by everyone, be it hobo-Nick in plot relevance or Klavier in solving cases (meaning that Klavier sometimes helped Apollo win too much).

And don't forget Trucy. There was a time during case 2 when Apollo presented a piece of evidence and she just took over and started explaining everything right when he was starting to do it. And then ended up getting the credit for it. As much as I love Trucy I really wanted to smack her. The dudette wouldn't let me speak.

User Info: asbsand

asbsand
6 years ago#6
Apollo was always a funny character but i too used to hate him. He's such a dork and his smartass attitude was way less appealing than Phoenix' wise-guy persona, and I thought the cast overhaul in AJ was a poor way to continue the franchise.

Now that I've beaten AJAA twice and played DD I can much better appreciate what Apollo and his cast brought into the universe of Ace Attorney.
There's no such thing as a "nitpick". Subtle details are what seperates a great game from an amazing game.
3DS Friend Code: 2578-3323-8264

User Info: Lord Lizard

Lord Lizard
6 years ago#7
I personally thought AJ was pretty mediocre compared to the rest of the series (including JFA)... But I never had anything against Apollo and Trucy. I thought they were decent replacements.
I need a signature...

User Info: Misdreavus573

Misdreavus573
6 years ago#8
Sano_sky posted...
His game ruined the Phoenix Wright character I came to love and replaced him with a dull stuck up annoying bracelet loving jerk.

But after playing DD I gotta say I like Apollo Justice and I'm fine. Not only did this game make up for the horrible life Phoenix had to deal with but it also made Apollo much more likable. I was worried about Athena too because ... well Apollo fears all over again but they made her fit in so well and gave Phoenix the Senior status he deserved. Even in the courtroom Phoenix was on a whole other level handling most situations like a breeze compared to Apollo and even more so Athena who constantly needed help and assurance I loved it.

This is exactly how I feel about Apollo Justice.

I despised his game because it ruined one of my favorite game characters, but in Dual Destinies I actually kind of like Apollo.
3DS FC: 4940-5432-8153
Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Normal: Teddiursa, Mincinno, Eevee

User Info: VanguardFate

VanguardFate
6 years ago#9
I'm glad he got his character development in this game so people can stop hating him just for being the playable character that replaces Phoenix in game 4.

User Info: Stelman257

Stelman257
6 years ago#10
I always liked Apollo but this game put him (and Blackquill) on my Top 3 favourites list.
"We have choices. Some people like to stand in the rain without an umbrella. That's what it means to live free."
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A