• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies
  3. Digital only is disappointing. Which older game do you suggest?

User Info: harvestmoonian

harvestmoonian
5 years ago#1
I enjoyed the demo and was thinking about buying this game, but then I found out about the whole digital only thing. I don't buy digital games on the 3ds unless it's a game I can't get anywhere that I desperately want, Also, this game seems like one i wouldn't replay and you can't resell your digital copy. So, which game in the series do you suggest I play? Since I liked the demo I figured I would give the older games a shot.

User Info: BeanBeanKingdom

BeanBeanKingdom
5 years ago#2
Well, if that's the case just start from the first one.
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.

User Info: VanguardFate

VanguardFate
5 years ago#3
None. Buy this one so we can get new games.

User Info: Gogo726

Gogo726
5 years ago#4
Why the big hangup on digital only? Just think of this as a 3DSware title and move on with lfie.
Jackass Thompson doesn't approve of Wii Music. He's on a crusade to put an end to sax and violins in games

User Info: SS2Matt

SS2Matt
5 years ago#5
I'd suggest you buy it and pledge support to Capcom and the series so it can hopefully be that little bit more likely for us to see an AA6.

The reason because it's digital only is because the small but dedicated fanbase that buys it is barely profitable enough to make it worth it with a physical release (That's why we didn't get AAI-2), and making it digital is cheaper for them and so more profitable.

While they can probably deal with a few less customers that have the same issues as you (And don't get me wrong, your reasons are understandable) too much loss in sales could basically mean this game is the last one they ever make.
(>^_^)>(>O_o)>
y helo thar

User Info: VanguardFate

VanguardFate
5 years ago#6
Gogo726 posted...
Why the big hangup on digital only? Just think of this as a 3DSware title and move on with lfie.

They can't trade it back to Gamestop when they're done. I don't buy the, 'if my 3DS breaks I lose the game' excuse. They're not launch 360s and PS3 with high failure rates, I never hear of anyone's handheld suddenly breaking down. Even old Gameboy Fats still work perfectly.

User Info: Village Idiot

Village Idiot
5 years ago#7
Gogo726 posted...

Nintendo's archaic digital media system.

Digital software is tied to the hardware itself, rather than a unified account.

If you lose your 3DS/Wii U, you'll have to repurchase everything, rather than just get another 3DS and log into your account.

Also hypothetically in the future if Nintendo shuts down for some reason, I'd like to be able to play my games.
PSN - Zaphikl
Now Playing - Mana Khemia~Student Alliance, Project Diva F, Tales of Xillia, Spelunky, Teleglitch

User Info: svm128

svm128
5 years ago#8
I might be missing something. I thought the games are saved in your SD card. I mean if you break your 3ds but you still have your sd card. Can you just put that sd card into another 3ds?

User Info: Kart_Krazy

Kart_Krazy
5 years ago#9
Of course not. That would mean you could copy your SD card and be able to distribute your copy of your game to everybody.
3DS: 5284-1428-8156 (Sammy); NNID: YearOfTheWooster
Play/msg me! Luigi's Mansion (2*file), Kid Icarus (I play a mean bear claws), and Animal Crossing!

User Info: svm128

svm128
5 years ago#10
Kart_Krazy posted...
Of course not. That would mean you could copy your SD card and be able to distribute your copy of your game to everybody.

oh! I understand.
  1. Boards
  2. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies
  3. Digital only is disappointing. Which older game do you suggest?
  • Topic Archived