• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 3
  3. misspelled word in the lincoln memorial

User Info: exTOMex

exTOMex
12 years ago#1
In the Lincoln Memorial on the North Wall is Lincoln’s second inaugural address which talks about the unity of the North and the South. The speech is carved in three giant marble slabs. On the first slab there is a misspelling of the word “Future”. Instead the artist accidentally carved the word “Euture”, talk about epic fail. lulz

found on honeymelon

User Info: Lurkberto

Lurkberto
12 years ago#2
Wwwwwaaaaayyyyyyy too much spare time on your hands.
*GASP* Who touched Sasha?? WHO TOUCHED MY GUN!!?!?

User Info: cardician

cardician
12 years ago#3
Actually that's not a failure. I was wondering if that was in there actually. That is actually an incredibly cool thing. Why? Try looking at the real Lincoln Memorial. That word is actually mispelled in real life. Seriously, not joking in the slightest. I actually asked a park ranger about it (they're stationed at all monuments) and he told me about how they don't know for sure but they think the guy doing the stone carving was tired and made a mistake. They've "fixed it", but its stone and you can still see the screw up.

Epic fail on your part for being ignorant though man. LOL, nice job.

exTOMex
12 years ago#4
why do you care what i do in my free time
does it bother you that bad that i have some free time
gamer tag: xATTICUSx561x

exTOMex
12 years ago#5
im just posting what the website had on it
i personally havent gone and looked
gamer tag: xATTICUSx561x

User Info: cardician

cardician
12 years ago#6
Well epic fail on whatever dumb @$$ posted that then. Seriously, I think it is so cool that they got that little bit of trivia correct. In fact I was looking for it myself when I was in the memorial (in the game) to see if they did carry over the mispelling, but I haven't been to the real memorial in a long time and forgot where it was, and I am not patient enough to read through the entire thing and see if it was there. That is so awesome that it is. And even more awesome that a bunch of stupid kiddies think its a mistake.

User Info: tzar_666

tzar_666
12 years ago#7
i always wanted to go to the jefferson memorial... oh and park rangers re there because memorials are under the athourity of the parks division national preservation society
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 3
  3. misspelled word in the lincoln memorial
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A