• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 3
  3. Exploding Scientist Truck - PC workaround
SmelMan 2 years ago#1
I could not find a board with a finite answer, so here is my opinion.
People have spent hours looking for this particular body, and i think that the problem lies in approaching and activating the cell (for example exploring the raider car fortifications, but not exploring the overpass) results in the body being placed in the truck, and as all bodies/gibs it disappears after 72 in-game hours.
So for PlayStation players, this is a one-time only opportunity. As the scientist has one of the few (and quite rare) lab coats that You can aquire without stealing makes it even more annoying.
Only workaround i can think about is to start again, sorry.

For PC players, open the console, type in "prid cc274", then "moveto player", then "disable", and finally "enable", the body should drop next to You. if not, add the "resurrect" and "kill" commands.
Each command has to be confirmed separately with a press of the mighty Enter button.

I found all of this info on google and respective fallout wikis, took me about thirty minutes.
The reference ID can probably also be digged up in the G.E.C.K. utility program.
Just don't be lazy :-P
AngelouRozaki 2 years ago#2
This would fare better on the PC board.
Mariofan15 2 years ago#3
Says the guy who posted this on the wrong board.
Switch fc:SW-5006-6121-6251
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 3
  3. Exploding Scientist Truck - PC workaround
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A