• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 3
  3. new player - is this a good build setup?

User Info: FlawlessSubzero

FlawlessSubzero
2 years ago#1
Hello. I am thinking of making a character that is balanced with long range and short range fighting (rifles and shotguns/pistols) I think I want a stealthy character as well. I have been reading a lot of info online and think I came up with a good build:

STR 4
PER 6
END 5
CHA 1
INT 9
AGI 8
LCK 7

I know about getting the rivet city bobblehead and I plan on getting them for all specials. I also am going to get the Ant Sight perk (i think it is called) that will give me an additional point in perception so with the bobbleheads and that perk I will have this:

STR 5
PER 8
END 6
CHA 2
INT 10
AGI 9
LCK 8

I think i will get the intense training perk to give me 9 luck as well

I didn't want to max out any specials (except for int) because I know that clothing gives you temporary increases. Only thing is I don't know this far ahead which armors/clothes I will be wearing or not wearing. The only ones that I know that might be useful to my character is the chinese stealth suit and the lucky sunglasses (i don't know how to obtain these yet but not a problem)

How does this look for a build? And I have read many times online that people advise you to skip perks such as gun nut that gives you skill increases. Is that because with int 10 you will be earning so many points you wont need it?

i don't think I had any other questions and I don't want any spoilers. My main concern was getting all the perks I wanted and being smart in my perk distribution.

I have the GOTYE
"Takes a lickin'... keeps on tickin'!" -Junkrat

User Info: FishOfPain

FishOfPain
1 year ago#2
It's been a looong time since I played Fallout 3, and especially since I started a new character, but I think I'd be driven nuts by just having 5 strength. At least if it works as I'm remembering so that the weight you can carry is decided from it; now I wasn't the one carrying around a minigun everywhere either, but just the amount of stuff you can pick up when adventuring and going through a building is enough to weigh you down quite a bit.

Still, as I said it's been a while so hopefully someone who knows more about things like these will come across. At least I'm keeping the topic open for ya. :P
"You're a jerk, Dent"
Wowbagger from The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 3
  3. new player - is this a good build setup?
  • Topic Archived