• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 3
  3. I'm kinda weird naming my wastelanders.

User Info: loucifer86

loucifer86
2 years ago#1
So, in similarly built games(skyrim, champions of norrath) I basically stick to pop culture names; wood elves or elf archers are legolas, dark elf characters are drizzt do'urden, that kind of stuff. Every once in awhile I'll just go with whatever sounds cool at the time; I have the ugliest female orc character I could manage named Babette Von Sexyb****, my oldest khajiit was named slyce, a more recent one is named sih'yae'ti(that's after I did some meet and greet stuff and figured out how khajiit names work- pronounced C-A-T). In this one, I don't know what it is, I just can't name my wastelanders with actual *names*. I've got one, for instance, named "the wandering idiot". Closest I've got to a name is this blonde, crewcut guy named "Duke Of Nukem", that still sounds more like a title than a name. Am I the only one who does this? Is it just the post apocalyptic thing, or what? I just think that names wouldn't mean a whole lot in this setting.
"Loshersh alwaysh whine about their besht. Winnersh go home and f*** the prom queen."- Sean Connery, "the rock"

User Info: SunsprayHoney

SunsprayHoney
2 years ago#2
You might be on to something. I just finished my first playthrough (over 50 hours) and I couldn't tell you what my name was other than "James' son". Completely forgot it.
I couldn't fix your brakes so I made the horn a lot louder.

User Info: SusanGreenEyes

SusanGreenEyes
2 years ago#3
I named my Fallout 3 character Meadow Gunslinger.

My Fallout New Vegas character is Fawn Fontaine.

The funny thing is, I wrote each name on paper to make sure I would like it.
Been a murder, over in Riften. Some old lady who runs an orphanage. Those poor children must be heartbroken.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 3
  3. I'm kinda weird naming my wastelanders.
  • Topic Archived