• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 3
  3. This was always better than New Vegas

User Info: JacobNothing

JacobNothing
2 years ago#1
Just wrapped up New Vegas again last night. Now it's time for the masterpiece that is Fallout 3. It's been almost four years since I went threw these games. There were many nights I thought New Vegas was a better game, although in the back of my mind, I always knew Fallout 3 was the true master. This game just has a much better atmosphere, I enjoy the locations more, the npc's are more memorable, and the voice acting is far superior. Oh, and then there's the Chinese Assault Rifle. Can't wait to make myself at home in Arlington National Cemetary. It's gonna be a helluva good time getting drunk and high, with my ghoul pals out in the Musuem Of History. Can't wait to take all three perks of demolition expert, and impartial meditation. Gotta stay neutral, so I can hang with my best buds Butch and Sgt. RL-3. TALON COMPANY!!!!!

User Info: SusanGreenEyes

SusanGreenEyes
2 years ago#2
The main issue I have with Fallout 3 is that if you go right to the garage and find your dad, there's not a whole lot to do.
Been a murder, over in Riften. Some old lady who runs an orphanage. Those poor children must be heartbroken.

JacobNothing
2 years ago#3
Back in the day, I thought they weren't enough quests. It doesn't bother me anymore, I'm more interested in looting places, killing all I can, and taking as many chems as possible.

User Info: JoveHack

JoveHack
2 years ago#4
JacobNothing posted...
Back in the day, I thought they weren't enough quests. It doesn't bother me anymore, I'm more interested in looting places, killing all I can, and taking as many chems as possible.

All noble pursuits.
Jove the Sleep Depraved
"You're like the only nice person on GameFaqs!" - Giinjii

JacobNothing
2 years ago#5
JoveHack posted...
JacobNothing posted...

All noble pursuits.

Haha, drugs are expensive and dangerous in real life. Plus, you need ties to the underworld to score them. It's much safer to live vicariously threw a fallout character.

JoveHack
2 years ago#6
I was complimenting you. Sorry that it came out wrong.
Jove the Sleep Depraved

JacobNothing
2 years ago#7
JoveHack posted...
I was complimenting you. Sorry that it came out wrong.

No bother, I understood what you meant, I just like to embellish.

User Info: Mariofan15

Mariofan15
2 years ago#8
That's something you never hear.I mean,I agree with you myself.It's just rare for people to think that since it's usually the other way around.
3DS FC:3394-3658-2611
Pokemon White 2 National Dex Completed:9/26/2013

JacobNothing
2 years ago#9
Mariofan15 posted...
That's something you never hear.I mean,I agree with you myself.It's just rare for people to think that since it's usually the other way around.

This game makes me happy, new vegas is just fun to play. I love how new vegas is true to its fallout roots, and the different quest lines you can take. Although it's almost a copy of fallout 3, the voice acting is atrocious. I will always prefer fallout 3, check out the making of fallout 3 and new vegas on YouTube. Every comment is praise, saying new vegas is better. These people had probably never even heard of fallout before fallout 3!

JoveHack
2 years ago#10
I prefer Fallout 3 because it doesn't have those factions and choices. I just want to run around doing random quests and searching everything. Building my character until it kicks ass. That's the whole point of an RPG to me.

Strolling through the dungeon as an unstoppable killing machine is a rather pleasant experience.
Jove the Sleep Depraved
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 3
  3. This was always better than New Vegas
  • Topic Archived