• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 3
  3. Brand new file already feeling freezy?

User Info: WickedDarkJugga

WickedDarkJugga
2 years ago#1
I just started playing fallout 3 goty on a playstation that may as well be brand new still. I get to megaton and the game is already pretty glitchy and freezy feeling. I can imagine y'all Bethesda players know that feeling. I obviously turned autosaves off right away and I "let the world load" before racing to another door/loading screen, but I have already been very close to holding that power button twice already. Is this just what FO3 was always like? I remember it being very fragile in this respect, but is it this bad?
Big E

User Info: frankspank

frankspank
2 years ago#2
Nah, it's you man. I don't have any problems and never did other than an occasional freeze which is normal for any game.

WickedDarkJugga
2 years ago#3
Oh, super
Big E

User Info: kenshin_Z8

kenshin_Z8
2 years ago#4
You have to make a new save everytime you save the game and turn off the wifi
Currently Playing: Persona Q (3DS), Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)

WickedDarkJugga
2 years ago#5
kenshin_Z8 posted...
You have to make a new save everytime you save the game and turn off the wifi

What does the new safe do?
Big E

User Info: crimson-noble

crimson-noble
2 years ago#6
Play the normal Fallout 3 not goty, get the newest patch and you can enjoy the game just fine

User Info: Seitar

Seitar
2 years ago#7
The GOTY edition is a glitch fest, when I played it felt like there was a 20% chance the game would freeze when I used VATS...

Clearing the cache might help, some say it does do anything and some say there's a slight improvement.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960609-fallout-3-game-of-the-year-edition/62501806
I did it everytime I started the game as a lucky charm thing and I'm led to believe it helped somewhat.
And when the game was really acting up I would delete the system data and re-install it.
PSN: Seitar-Hubbe
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 3
  3. Brand new file already feeling freezy?
  • Topic Archived