• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 3
  3. Creepiest experience you've had so far?

User Info: LtSylar

LtSylar
2 years ago#21
That vault with the blue mist and hallucinations. Very creepy.
Xbox Live: Lt Sylar
Make Mass Effect 3 backwards compatible!!

User Info: DarkDragon386

DarkDragon386
2 years ago#22
SimonBlueBerry posted...
DarkDragon386 posted...
The Roach King can be either male or female

Uh? I only encountered him once, but he looked like a man wearing a red glittered dress. Been quite a while so I may confusing him with someone else tho...

Yeah, you only encounter the Roach King once per game and they have a random gender model apparently.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/The_Roach_King

User Info: SimonBlueBerry

SimonBlueBerry
2 years ago#23
LtSylar posted...
That vault with the blue mist and hallucinations. Very creepy.

The pre-war themed hallucinations? I THINK I remember it, but may just make stuff up.

DarkDragon386 posted...
SimonBlueBerry posted...
DarkDragon386 posted...
The Roach King can be either male or female

Uh? I only encountered him once, but he looked like a man wearing a red glittered dress. Been quite a while so I may confusing him with someone else tho...

Yeah, you only encounter the Roach King once per game and they have a random gender model apparently.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/The_Roach_King

Can't open the wikia page atm cuz on my phone and slow data, but I'm guessing it's a not garantueed encounter, cuz I'm pretty sure I encountered him on a single file.
~Wings of Night~
Praise the Dark Moon

User Info: DarkDragon386

DarkDragon386
2 years ago#24
SimonBlueBerry posted...

The pre-war themed hallucinations? I THINK I remember it, but may just make stuff up.

This is Vault 106 where there are insane survivors. The idea was that drugs were released in the air filtration 10 days after the vault was sealed. The inhabitants of Vault 106 were essentially guinea pigs to test a drug. In the vault, your character will begin to see blue. As you get closer to the end, you start to have visions about some of the residents of Vault 101. At the end of the vault, you battle a survivor with a stealth boy that battles you with hallucinations of the Tunnel Snakes from Vault 101. Right next to the room they are encountered in is a crack in the vault leading to a very small area of the cave with a mini nuke.

Also, the survivor is either male or female. I've only encountered females my 2 times through it.

The pre-war hallucination you're thinking of may be from the Dunwich Building. I hated that place as it had so many reavers on my first playthrough, but on my second, I just was a wimp and used the ghoul mask.

User Info: LtSylar

LtSylar
2 years ago#25
The computer part creeped me out the most.
Xbox Live: Lt Sylar
Make Mass Effect 3 backwards compatible!!

SimonBlueBerry
2 years ago#26
DarkDragon386 posted...
SimonBlueBerry posted...

This is Vault 106 where there are insane survivors. The idea was that drugs were released in the air filtration 10 days after the vault was sealed. The inhabitants of Vault 106 were essentially guinea pigs to test a drug. In the vault, your character will begin to see blue. As you get closer to the end, you start to have visions about some of the residents of Vault 101. At the end of the vault, you battle a survivor with a stealth boy that battles you with hallucinations of the Tunnel Snakes from Vault 101. Right next to the room they are encountered in is a crack in the vault leading to a very small area of the cave with a mini nuke.

Also, the survivor is either male or female. I've only encountered females my 2 times through it.

The pre-war hallucination you're thinking of may be from the Dunwich Building. I hated that place as it had so many reavers on my first playthrough, but on my second, I just was a wimp and used the ghoul mask.

Thanks for the clarification. Man, I seriously need to replay the whole game. It's been around three years (almost four now) since I last played it consistently, and aside for a couple things everything is a big blur. And this thread made me realize it even more.
It's kind of a good thing tho, as I'll get to somewhat relive my first experience (to a very low degree), but I have way too many games in my backlog lol
~Wings of Night~
Praise the Dark Moon

User Info: HipHopBeats

HipHopBeats
2 years ago#27
I always found that teddy bear in the shopping cart that triggers a massive Bethemoth fight when you grab it to be humorously creepy in a sinister way.

Tranquility Lane, one of the most memorable quests in the game, is also pretty damn creepy from a lot of angles if you really think about it.

Most of the Vaults, Vault 108 in particular, were also sadistically fun to explore.

Moira Brown with her high pitched, squeaky ass, goodie two-shoes voice also gave me the chills.
You can ignore reality, but you can never ignore the consequences of ignoring reality

User Info: loucifer86

loucifer86
2 years ago#28
HipHopBeats posted...
I always found that teddy bear in the shopping cart that triggers a massive Bethemoth fight when you grab it to be humorously creepy in a sinister way.

Tranquility Lane, one of the most memorable quests in the game, is also pretty damn creepy from a lot of angles if you really think about it.

Most of the Vaults, Vault 108 in particular, were also sadistically fun to explore.

Moira Brown with her high pitched, squeaky ass, goodie two-shoes voice also gave me the chills.

She's even disgustingly cheerful when you turn her into a ghoul. I mean, who reacts like that? Doesn't even resent you or anything.
"Loshersh alwaysh whine about their besht. Winnersh go home and f*** the prom queen."- Sean Connery, "the rock"

User Info: John_Sinclair

John_Sinclair
2 years ago#29
Yes, Tranquility Lane creeps me out, too.

And those cannibals. Especiall that you can get a "cannibal" perk yourself. Wow... I got it, but never made much use of it because it creeps me out, haha.

But the most creepy experience I ever had with a videogame was in Heavy Rain, the scene where you have to cut off your own finger to get the next clue. On my second playthrough (going for the platinum trophy) I skipped it, because I didn't want Ethan to go through all that pain again.
All your base are belong to me!

SimonBlueBerry
2 years ago#30
John_Sinclair posted...
Yes, Tranquility Lane creeps me out, too.

And those cannibals. Especiall that you can get a "cannibal" perk yourself. Wow... I got it, but never made much use of it because it creeps me out, haha.

But the most creepy experience I ever had with a videogame was in Heavy Rain, the scene where you have to cut off your own finger to get the next clue. On my second playthrough (going for the platinum trophy) I skipped it, because I didn't want Ethan to go through all that pain again.

Wait this topic hasn't been locked yet? Mods must have forgot this board exists lol
Never used Flesh Eater (I think that's what called the perk?) either. Gettin bad karma is pretty easy anyways.

Never played Heavy Rain btw
~Wings of Night~
Praise the Dark Moon
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 3
  3. Creepiest experience you've had so far?
  • Topic Archived