• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 3
  3. Creepiest experience you've had so far?

User Info: SimonBlueBerry

SimonBlueBerry
2 years ago#1
I restarted playin this recently, and I'm surprised at how bad graphics for nowadays add a lot to the 'creepy' atmosphere, I know it may sound weird, but looking at unpolished textures and overall 'ugly' stuff make it seem it even more 'wrong' and decaying.

My most recently creepiest experience happened while I was happily exploring a subway, and eventually found two gnomes tied to the railways with a wooden plate between them with the writing 'help us'. Disturbing as f***. What were the ones you can remember on top of your head?
~Wings of Night~
Praise the Dark Moon

User Info: redXjack

redXjack
2 years ago#2
the only creepy thing I can think of was bioshock 2. Theres a scene where a guy is dragging a girl away into a bedroom screemming. course it wont let me hurt him which sucks........this haunts me. I know its not from this game but I wanted to get that off my chest.
PSN: HAREMKINGJAKE

User Info: craig_psn

craig_psn
2 years ago#3
^ Agree. BioShock (1) and 2 are creepy. FO3 is nothing in comparison, it would have to go a long way to creep me out after those other two...but I guess to stick with the Q I don't much like people hanging on meathooks or chained down on mattresses with limbs cut off.

SimonBlueBerry
2 years ago#4
redXjack posted...
the only creepy thing I can think of was bioshock 2. Theres a scene where a guy is dragging a girl away into a bedroom screemming. course it wont let me hurt him which sucks........this haunts me. I know its not from this game but I wanted to get that off my chest.

Never played bioshock 2, but 1 was definitely creepy. Gotta love dat sweet 'mum' near the beginning of the game.

craig_psn posted...
^ Agree. BioShock (1) and 2 are creepy. FO3 is nothing in comparison, it would have to go a long way to creep me out after those other two...but I guess to stick with the Q I don't much like people hanging on meathooks or chained down on mattresses with limbs cut off.

I'm generally a kinda gorey person, meaning I don't really get impressed when I see blood and limbs and such, but damn if those gnomes made me shiver. I guess it's tied with them being 'haunted' unanimated objects or the feeling the whole subway was haunted as a whole, moving said unanimated objects move and then tryin to communicate with the player through the wooden plate. Brrr
~Wings of Night~
Praise the Dark Moon

User Info: loucifer86

loucifer86
2 years ago#5
Cleaning out paradise falls for the first time was disturbing, mainly because of four words: slave. Pens. For. Children. Who comes up with that? That's why I killed everyone, down to the shopkeepers.
"Loshersh alwaysh whine about their besht. Winnersh go home and f*** the prom queen."- Sean Connery, "the rock"

SimonBlueBerry
2 years ago#6
loucifer86 posted...
Cleaning out paradise falls for the first time was disturbing, mainly because of four words: slave. Pens. For. Children. Who comes up with that? That's why I killed everyone, down to the shopkeepers.

Man I loved Paradise Falls. It really shows the decayment of the game world. But admittedly it can be very disturbing for the same exact reason.
~Wings of Night~
Praise the Dark Moon

User Info: BeDazzled333

BeDazzled333
2 years ago#7
Creepiest for me was how to complete into the pitt,
Also seeing maria/moira after blowing up megaton. I felt so bad that I reloaded to before blowing it up (funny because ghouls don't creep me out). Also I think threedog may be a paedophile, says children far too much on the radio

SimonBlueBerry
2 years ago#8
BeDazzled333 posted...
Creepiest for me was how to complete into the pitt,
Also seeing maria/moira after blowing up megaton. I felt so bad that I reloaded to before blowing it up (funny because ghouls don't creep me out). Also I think threedog may be a paedophile, says children far too much on the radio

Lmao last part is so f***in tru.
I got the same exact impression.
The italian voice actor also has the kind of voice you'd expect from someone who calls girls on the phone at like 3-4 am to ask for what they're wearin.
~Wings of Night~
Praise the Dark Moon

User Info: loucifer86

loucifer86
2 years ago#9
I wouldn't call it creepy, but it kinda p***** me off how the "followers of atom" or w/e they called themselves nuked all this damn water I've been busting my ass purifying the whole game. Here I am, performing the closest thing to a miracle anybody in that universe is ever likely to see, and they're all, naah, we liked it better when it was rotting us alive. If I was ever personally tempted to say screw good karma and go on a rampage, it was then.
"Loshersh alwaysh whine about their besht. Winnersh go home and f*** the prom queen."- Sean Connery, "the rock"

User Info: BeDazzled333

BeDazzled333
2 years ago#10
SimonBlueBerry posted...
I restarted playin this recently, and I'm surprised at how bad graphics for nowadays add a lot to the 'creepy' atmosphere, I know it may sound weird, but looking at unpolished textures and overall 'ugly' stuff make it seem it even more 'wrong' and decaying.

My most recently creepiest experience happened while I was happily exploring a subway, and eventually found two gnomes tied to the railways with a wooden plate between them with the writing 'help us'. Disturbing as f***. What were the ones you can remember on top of your head?

Today I came across 2 teddy bears with a help sign tied to the tracks in the presidential metro with a gnome standing on the platform with a camera in front of it positioned I assume to take a picture of the bears as they got run over. I saved the teddies (ironic because I intend to sell them to Media) and shot the gnome in the face and stole his camera
Sitting here in nothing but my socks
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 3
  3. Creepiest experience you've had so far?
  • Topic Archived