• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Need for Speed ProStreet
  3. How to dominate a race day?

User Info: pech_schwefel

pech_schwefel
4 years ago#1
There is only "Grip King Ray Krieger" left to beat but the game tells me I need to dominate the race day in order to qualify. The placed 1st on every race but still need over 7000 pts. to dominate. How could this be possible? I get 4500 pts. for placing 1st + 500 pts for no damage thats 5000 pts. But the track record is at about 9000 pts. How could I earn more pts.? I use a "Zonda "F and an "Evo".
Why is it that everything is as it is? I mean...what is that!?

pech_schwefel
4 years ago#2
I just checked my career stats and almost every race day is dominated (green). "Super Promotion - Nevada Highway II" is just unlocked, "G-Effect - Willow Springs" is just won (white) and "Grip King - Ray Krieger" is locked because I need to dominate "G-Effect - Willow Springs" as mentioned in my first post.

So why is it that I dominated 99% of the game even without the intention but now I am unable to dominate that one last race day!? My Pagani Zonda is on level 4 at all 3 stats (but not fully). Maybe another car would do the job? I also used a tuning setting from this board and did very well with that.

pech_schwefel
4 years ago#3
I found out that different cars resulting into different record-times to beat. So with my Pagani Zonda F it was too hard to even reach the records but then I bought a Porsche 911 Turbo that has worse stats but easier record-times so I could beat those times and finally dominate that day. Beating Ray Krieger wasn't hard and now I am the race king.

Now the only day left to dominate and rech 100% (I am at 97% now) is "Super Promotion - Nevada Highway II". Again I chose my Porsche 911 Turbo and can beat the 3 Grip challenges but there are also 4 Speed challenges and I can't beat their record-times. So I really need a good car for Speed with good stability. I have a Pontiac GTO '65 that is almost uncontrollable and a Lancer Evolution (not the IX edition) that is much better but as mentioned I can't touch these record-times so there are about 4000 pts. left to domination. What car should I buy? I have about 2 mio. left.

pech_schwefel
4 years ago#4
Many users on this board are recommending the Porsche 911 Turbo also for speed challenges so I bought another 911 Turbo, purchased all upgrades and applied my speed tuning settings. Now I could dominate the last day with the help of those two Porsche 911 Turbo's and finally reached 100%. I read that the more horsepower a car has the harder the records are to beat so my previous cars I chose just had too much horsepower.

But I am wondering why I am still missing lots of the level 4 tuning parts. For some cars level 4 parts are available while on others not a single one was available. Aren't they unlocked just by dominating races?
  1. Boards
  2. Need for Speed ProStreet
  3. How to dominate a race day?
  • Topic Archived