• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Need for Speed ProStreet
  3. Gain level 4 parts with drag races!

User Info: boofie

boofie
6 years ago#1
In drag races I notice that the points system is based on how well you do compared to the target time. The target time seems to be based on how much HP your car is pushing out. So I set out to find a car that has low HP but can get a time good enough to beat the competition.

So far I'm running with a Toyota Supra, stock engine, stock turbo but level 3 parts everywhere else. 320 HP. Target time is around 16 seconds in the quarter mile and I can manage 8 second runs by hitting Nitro in third gear. Every race coughs up around 14,000 points. Three races like that and I've dominated the first two Rogue Speed events. I find this is the fastest way to get lvl 4 parts for cars. Unfortunately in the last Rogue Speed event the supra set up like this likely won't bring home the win.

Just thought I'd share.

boofie
6 years ago#2
Update!

I've ditched the drags for the first Nitrocide speed challenge. I got myself a Porsche 911 Turbo, the all wheel drive, with all stage 3 parts. Fast enough to win but not so fast that mistakes are an instant prang. And the thing doesn't get airborn so much. I found that changing the view point so you can only see the bonnet made these races much easier as the cars body would sometimes cover your view of upcoming turns. The faster you go the bigger this problem is. With three races I can dominate an event and the cash rewards are better than the rogue speed drags. Best of all the races are relatively short, providing you don't prang it. Fast money and a chance for lvl 4 parts.

boofie
6 years ago#3
I found the best way to beat Ryo Watanabe on Speed races is to drive up next to him and push his car into a pole. Bam! Totaled! Demolition derby style. Then it's a nice casual drive over the finish line. Life is rough.
  1. Boards
  2. Need for Speed ProStreet
  3. Gain level 4 parts with drag races!
  • Topic Archived