• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty
  3. Does the main story vary if I pick certain missions over others?

User Info: lordjers

lordjers
3 years ago#1
This is not a question of whether or not I can play all the missions in a single file (I think you can).

This is if the story and the dialogue changes according to the order I pick my missions. For example I have chosen the first two colony missions and haven't done the first one from Tychus. Then when I did the Outbreak mission Tychus comments that I must have fallen for that scientist girl because I take too much trouble on myself by helping the colonists. So as an example, would that comment have happened anyway? Would events and other dialogue be affected too?
Backlog stuff: Now on: Final Fantasy X (PS2) (Full completion), Street Fighter Alpha (PS2) (All characters)

User Info: M0NSTER_

M0NSTER_
3 years ago#2
lordjers posted...
This is not a question of whether or not I can play all the missions in a single file (I think you can).

This is if the story and the dialogue changes according to the order I pick my missions. For example I have chosen the first two colony missions and haven't done the first one from Tychus. Then when I did the Outbreak mission Tychus comments that I must have fallen for that scientist girl because I take too much trouble on myself by helping the colonists. So as an example, would that comment have happened anyway? Would events and other dialogue be affected too?

Each planet/person giving the mission basically has its own mini story arc. The only time a decision really matters is when it clearly states how you want to approach a situation that will take you to mission a or mission b.
  1. Boards
  2. Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty
  3. Does the main story vary if I pick certain missions over others?
  • Topic Archived