• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty
  3. Is Starcraft ACTUALLY the national sport of South Korea?

User Info: iscareu13

iscareu13
8 years ago#1
is it ACTUALLY the national sport, or do people just claim it is?

From Google searching, Starcraft is showing up a lot, but no where does it claim to be the ACTUAL sport of south korea, so i am a little confused. I am know Starcraft is huge over there... but....

help?
Looking for a good quote or two

User Info: Sherardy

Sherardy
8 years ago#2
Obviously
Mr. Potato Head Arc. Laser Sharks. Flamboyant bacon G-String Sir_kuros Whoa I have this sig because I made the topic Words up until post 10 decide my sig

User Info: KengPaoChicken

KengPaoChicken
8 years ago#3
No. It's not. But it's self-proclaimed national sport.

Putting Starcraft the video game in the books is just a little silly.

User Info: Fa1nTy

Fa1nTy
8 years ago#4
Basically every nations national sport outside of America is soccer, korea included.
PSN : Fa1nT6
Playing Darksiders/Starcraft II, Waiting for FFXIV and Diablo III

User Info: backinblack167

backinblack167
8 years ago#5
No. Tae Kwon Do is.
sc2us: MileS.151

User Info: pogicraft

pogicraft
8 years ago#6
isn't korea the highest ranked of all the asian nations? (talking about soccer btw)
What if the white boy had some beans for lunch and thats why hes playing that funky music?

User Info: OldSnakeReborn

OldSnakeReborn
8 years ago#7
I am half-Korean and I've been to Korea recently. Watching TV, I see they have a Starcraft channel that shows on TV daily. It is big there, but I think nearly every Blizzard product is.

When I went into a Computer Cafe, which is common in Korea as a 7-11, I saw that they had various games played by people. I saw Diablo 2, WoW, and Starcraft. So it appears Blizzard products are extremely popular among the Korean crowd.

However, that's where it ends. I didn't see anything with Starcraft as an actual national sports, but I think it's like what one guy said that it's a self-proclaimed national sports because nothing else is really big over there except soccer.
"Yeah, usually stores don't allow any pc resells because of the chance of people packing viruses into the disks." - Chainsaw_Max

User Info: greywolf1982

greywolf1982
8 years ago#8

No. Tae Kwon Do is.

Yeap. Although I went to the Wikipedia page and at one point it was edited to Starcraft >_>
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin

User Info: CellularArrest

CellularArrest
8 years ago#9
Quick someone post that cracked article.
You and I must fight for our rights,
You and I must fight to survive.

User Info: EnragedSlith

EnragedSlith
8 years ago#10
Starcraft isn't a sport.
  1. Boards
  2. Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty
  3. Is Starcraft ACTUALLY the national sport of South Korea?
  • Topic Archived