You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty
  3. Guide: How to get better at Starcraft II

User Info: UnderwaterAir

UnderwaterAir
8 years ago#21
Gross the fact that you think people have to go to those sites and see those videos just to get better is truly pathetic.

Why can't you just learn on your own and come up with your own winning strategy....that's pretty lame.

Ppl like this TC are the reasons why I might not get this game I'll just go pick up COH since I hear it's better?

Learn on your own don't follow others like some cheap SHEEP.

In other words you can't compete in Starcraft so you're running away. Cool beans. You will not be missed.
Salute!
"This is our contract."

User Info: Exnihilation

Exnihilation
8 years ago#22
Gross the fact that you think people have to go to those sites and see those videos just to get better is truly pathetic.

Why can't you just learn on your own and come up with your own winning strategy....that's pretty lame.

Ppl like this TC are the reasons why I might not get this game I'll just go pick up COH since I hear it's better?

I knew someone would post something like this. First off, you don't HAVE to follow this guide to become a better player. Yes you can learn on your own. This guide is just to give the new player a push in the right direction. No where in this game does it say, "You must play exactly like this to be good." This guide for the most part is just filled with general information for new players and it is still up to the players to improve on their own.
Folding@Home - Team GameFAQs - #48759
The Original GameFAQs FAH Team http://folding.stanford.edu/

User Info: Gevauden

Gevauden
8 years ago#23
^ Said the Cheap Sheep
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/167/gonkyube.jpg

User Info: PFCNydas

PFCNydas
8 years ago#24

CoH was great... 4 years ago. Its dead now.

And shut up. Not everyone learns the same way. Reading a wiki article could be easier for some, instead of playing 20 matches and watching hours worth of replays.
United States Army. OIF 06-07
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/blackcow99/The-Iraq-Door-Breaker.gif

User Info: ZEEER0

ZEEER0
8 years ago#25
Much appreciated.

Sticky request has been submitted.

User Info: Manadog

Manadog
8 years ago#26
We had a good topic until Gevauden showed up.....GJ on this stuff though. Obviously number 1 is practice though. All the rest of those things are helpful too. I personally just enjoy Day9's shows and watching shout casted matches.

Tennessee Titans
I kinda agree with Gevauden... With everyone following "guides", it doesn't matter anymore who you're fighting, as they all use the same strategies! However, by learning by themself, people will all play differently and every multiplayer game will be a new experience!

However, strategy guides that gives the basics aren't so bad ideas. So I'll still give a point on that! But I seriously advice people not to follow major "tactics" guide. That is a boring way of playing the game, independantly of who gets the victory.
''Are you saying I'm a liar with the falseness of fictioness and the statements untrue?'' Pilz-e

User Info: Arjunta

Arjunta
8 years ago#28
bump
The King of Mediocrity

User Info: Kingkiel

Kingkiel
8 years ago#29

Cool logic bro, be sure to bring this up when your training on a job and they have an OJT teaching you stuff.

OJT: Allright Billy I'm going to teach you how to mix these very expensive chemicals that costs more than your life.
Billy: Pfft, I can learn on my own I'm not some cheap SHEEP!!!

I know you really can't compare real life to a game, but come on, no matter what you do in life everyone looks to examples to improve themselves. You can honestly say you've NEVER looked up information on how to correctly achieve a goal of some sort?
PSN = X_Omegaforce_X
User on "parole" for one or more major Terms of Service violations.

User Info: Gevauden

Gevauden
8 years ago#30
Sorry I like to win games my way it's more satisfying then trying to copy someone else's moves and strategy..thank you :)

I'm not cheap and definitely not a sheep
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/167/gonkyube.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty
  3. Guide: How to get better at Starcraft II