• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties
  3. This game frustrates me to no end.

User Info: Lord_Mastermind

Lord_Mastermind
10 years ago#1
Why? Because it's been 2 days and I still can't play it. I bought the expansion yesterday but it wouldn't install. First, finding it was a chore. When I finally found at an EB they only had the display copy left so I bought a crappy already scratched CD without even the manual for full price. I go home, install warchiefs, everything OK. Then I try to install asian dynasties, but I get a stupid 1158 error. No good. I keep trying, doesn't work, figured the cd sucks, so I return it today. Went to another EB, found an actually new copy with a manual, go home and try to install it. 1158 error. So here I am, having completely uninstalled AOE3, lost all my home cities (including my level 39 british one with which I couldn't wait to get the florence nightingale card), reinstalling it and hoping it works this time. I just want to see a few dozen ninja slaughtering everything in sight. Is that so much to ask? =(
James Carville: If Hillary Gave Obama "One Of Her Cojones, They'd Both Have Two"

User Info: blacksaibot

blacksaibot
10 years ago#2
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]

User Info: vicdude99

vicdude99
10 years ago#3
Try copying all the contents from the CD to your computer and install from there.

Not like it helps now, but make sure to back up your user files next time.
No alarms and no surprises please.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/victorngo/
  1. Boards
  2. Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties
  3. This game frustrates me to no end.
  • Topic Archived