• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: mothballs

mothballs
10 years ago#1
so... no more tony hawk online?

thats totally devalues the game to for someone who is new to it.
“No man escapes when freedom fails, The best men rot in filthy jails. And those who cried ‘Appease, Appease!’ Are hung by those they tried to please.”

User Info: PsychicRutabaga

PsychicRutabaga
10 years ago#2
Yup, big bummer. Activision apparently only had a 1 year maintenance contract on the community web server, and all the online functionality ran through that server rather than Nintendo's servers. Made a lot of people mad.

On the other hand it is still a darned sweet game, especially since it is portable. You can't compete online anymore and see your scores on the web site, but it's still well worth playing for the single player experience. I pull it out every few weeks whenever I need a break from whatever RPG quest I'm currently slogging through. The skate spots are slick, aggro kick rocks, and the graphics are amazing. Even without the wi-fi it is still my second favorite Hawk game after THUG on the GameCube.
"If you master the coolitude, you'll become what everyone calls a hero!" - Arlus, Summon Night: Twin Age

mothballs
10 years ago#3
I hear yea, unforantly though, I am an older THPS fan. Thug was alright but Thug2 and the portable pushed it for me- THPS got raped for of crap... and the protables, save the older ones, never did it for me.

fact:THPS2 is a "classic" now.... I'm sorry, what was that? (where did time go?)
“No man escapes when freedom fails, The best men rot in filthy jails. And those who cried ‘Appease, Appease!’ Are hung by those they tried to please.”

mothballs
10 years ago#4
still I can see why- these games had a lot more to offer online then Nintendo servers EVER do.

oh well, (goes back to playing limited same old but still popular mario kart)
  • Topic Archived