• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tony Hawk's Proving Ground
  3. FAQ Topic: Version 0.95

User Info: Cheater Hater

Cheater Hater
10 years ago#1
As coverage of Story Mode comes to a close, and the gaps become my priority, I finally need some feedback. First, for reference, the gaps I still need to record:

Skatepark: Slanted
Harbor: Walkway Edge
Monuments: Side to Side
Lansdowne: Tree Hugger
Monuments: Acid Rules, Lippy Lip

And the ones I need replicated at the moment:
Skatepark: On a Rail
FDR: Around the Park

If you can give me help on any of these gaps (or can help me with anything else), please post here--I'll give you credit of course.

As for the way to improve your stats I teased, it seems to be bailing after you enter a level. You see, when you enter a level (come back from out of bounds, start a goal, etc.), your stats are one level, but are higher after you bail, at least in my game. One of the clearest examples I can think of is that you can do a 360 directly off the ground with the higher stats, but not right away (even with Special). Am I nuts, or can this be replicated? It might explain why all the leaderboard videos bail in the beginning of their runs. We'll see, and if it can be replicated, I'll put it in the FAQ.

User Info: ProfBlahson

ProfBlahson
10 years ago#2
hey man, i read that you need help with gaps on this game. i do too (lol) but i know one of the ones you're looking for. lippy lip, at monuments. i don't know if you've found it yet, but it's easy. the backside of the government building you can go on top of, where you can get the park cruisin' manual. hit the qp's that are along the sides of the manual, and lip the electrical wire above. you'll get it there

ProfBlahson
10 years ago#3
yo, prof again. if my last message helped (if you've looked yet), i have another gap at monuments you needed help with. acid rules. to get it: hit the qps where you get money transfer, going away from the gap - you'll go up the wire. at the ledge above the qp at the end of the red carpet, jump off and acid onto it. you should get it that way. hope that helps. i'm still looking for others, so if you can, text me back. thanks
Blah 4evah!

Cheater Hater
10 years ago#4
Wow, thanks ProfBlahson! Now I only have 4 gaps left for 100%! You'll definitely get credit for those gaps whenever I get to doing the Monuments gaps (which will likely be my next gaps update). Which gaps are you missing that I haven't covered yet? On a related note, Museums Gaps will be in the next update which will go up on Monday with the next site update. Thus, that will be my next post.

Cheater Hater
10 years ago#5
Version 0.96 Update:

Still no Skatepark Hardcore, but Museums Gaps have been mostly completed. Here are the gaps I now need to record (thanks ProfBlahson for your help):

Skatepark: Slanted
Harbor: Walkway Edge
Museums: Side to Side
Lansdowne: Tree Hugger

And the ones I need replicated/found again:
Skatepark: On a Rail
Museums: Lip Smack, Rim Grind
FDR: Around the Park

Does anyone have any confirmation on the "Bailing improves your stats" hypothesis?

ProfBlahson
10 years ago#6
hey, no problem! i also can replicate on a rail at the skatepark. (hopefully it will work - it sometimes doesnt). grind on the ground rails going towards the boxcar (AWAY from spot ten). the left rail on the right side (if you fill spot one with the second item, it'll be directly on right side of the center spine - it's easier to tell like that). grind it till it goes up the little ramp, then jump off to the right just before the curve. wallplant the boxcar, and then land on the other rail, which will be on the left again now. i have alot of gaps that i need help with right now, but i won't go into detail about that yet. i'll probably ask for help after like a week, or read your faq for any updates. thanks for the offer though. like i said, though, i'll probably ask later. talk to ya later
Blah 4evah!

User Info: NM2

NM2
10 years ago#7

Hey there, I just saw that I've got the "Slanted" gap and I was trying to replicate it for like half an hour so yeah, here it is. Go to the grey, pool-like think, the one with the stairs in front of it. Grind the top of the QP from one side to the other. Tada, you got "Slanted". Judging from the gaps you already have, I'm surprised you missed it. :P

I'm looking forward to future updates dude, your FAQ has really helped me. (Please make Philly next! :P)

Cheater Hater
10 years ago#8
Thanks, both of you are helping me a lot! Skatepark is now done. If you need any gaps I don't have in the FAQ yet, don't be afraid to ask in this topic--if it's not on the list, I probably know where it is. As for the updates, next will probably be those gaps and Skatepark Hardcore--does anyone care about my Story Mode coverage?

ProfBlahson
10 years ago#9
hey, cheater hater! i read your updated faq - how do you get all the speed needed to get truck boost? i figured that THAT was how you do it, but i dont have enough speed to hit it! but, anywho, i have yet another gap. at landsdowne, tree hugger. go to the large pool with the career pro at the end of it, and go to the spine tree jump. instead of hitting the spine, grind the fence (it's kinda hard to hit without the proper angle - you almost have to go AT the fence, but still be able to go up and hit it close to the end of it). finish grinding off the edge, and you should get it - if it helps, you can hit bird droppings on the ledge below when you just drop off and grind. oh, and you should forget any other part of your faq right now and do philly gaps (lol, j/k) cuz i still have like seven there! hope this helps though
Blah 4evah!

Cheater Hater
10 years ago#10
For Truck Boost, what are you having problems with? If it's getting up to the ledge, just Aggro Kick and have the S's, and make sure you're using that little kicker on the left ledge. If you can get up there, just Acid Drop down onto the QP (don't try to Acid onto the truck, you'll never make it.

I don't get what you're saying for Tree Hugger. It sounds like you want me to go to the U-turn pool in the center (there are a lot of big pools), but I don't see any fence by the spine.

If you want any specific Philly gaps, just post them! As for getting them in the guide, they're just sitting half-done on a piece of paper at the moment. I hopefully will finish them soon--but I just got some new games, so it might sit for a while (I'll still post here though).
  1. Boards
  2. Tony Hawk's Proving Ground
  3. FAQ Topic: Version 0.95
  • Topic Archived