• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last Remnant
  3. Rush and Weapon Arts

User Info: joev3888

joev3888
11 years ago#1
So I got Demonblow with the Enchanted Demonblade, and I'm trying to teach him some others, just to see which I like the best.

I have 2 Optimal Tataraichis and I'm wondering if I should equip one with a shield to learn Swordlfash?

I also have a Shielding Hawkwind and a Superlative Hawkwind, so I'm wondering if I can equip these two and still get Hawkarang? Or do I need 2 Shielding or a Shielding and an Enchanted?

I'm also wondering what type of Bluesteels I need to get Cerulean Rain?

And obviously I need Schianova Virtuitis or any remnant in its Virtuitis form to learn their weapon arts (if they have any).

Anyway, any insights would be greatly appreciated.

User Info: AirDragonGale

AirDragonGale
11 years ago#2
And obviously I need Schianova Virtuitis or any remnant in its Virtuitis form to learn their weapon arts (if they have any).

No you don't.

I'm also wondering what type of Bluesteels I need to get Cerulean Rain?

Superlative I believe.

I also have a Shielding Hawkwind and a Superlative Hawkwind, so I'm wondering if I can equip these two and still get Hawkarang? Or do I need 2 Shielding or a Shielding and an Enchanted?

Either way is fine.

I have 2 Optimal Tataraichis and I'm wondering if I should equip one with a shield to learn Swordlfash?

Equipping 1 without a shield would give you a higher chance has your not limited to one handed.
It's still confusing to others which are power grip/one handed etc.
DDS is Best Playing: The Last Remnant(4th PT), Persona 4(On hold)
http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/beelzebub1988.png

joev3888
11 years ago#3
Thanks

Anyone have several weapon arts and know which happens to do the most damage? My Demonblow is around 300k atm, and I have yet to get any other WAs so I'm just wondering if I should even go ahead with all this upgrading >.>

Demon Mane is annoying to get, not going to lie. Tough Phantom Husk though, jeez, as soon as you get the Harpylias to spawn in the 7th path, they're as good as yours. 3 save/reloads and I had 24 :)

User Info: kybotica

kybotica
11 years ago#4
i hate you. i gave up on tough phantom husks after about 10 hours of killing the damned seventh path harpylias. how did you get them so fast?
"I mean, if I killed George Bush that wouldn't make portals to Iraq appear in my front yard." -Massany7 on Oblivion

joev3888
11 years ago#5
I've got both Daily/Weekly, and I'm BR 131....may help? haha

ummm, it took me a chain of over 600 to get Godwood Timber (the second time for my 2nd Excellent Tataraichi) and honestly, I nearly quit on it, and I ended up getting 4 at once >.<, damn farming luck....

User Info: AirDragonGale

AirDragonGale
11 years ago#6

Anyone have several weapon arts and know which happens to do the most damage? My Demonblow is around 300k atm, and I have yet to get any other WAs so I'm just wondering if I should even go ahead with all this upgrading >.>

The following Weapon Arts behave like Unique Arts: (excuse my spelling)
Snowbind
Snowpetal
Belkrieth's Fury
Megalore (This one hits entire battle field)
Ludge's Revenge
Schavona
WA from Obsidian (forgot name)

Most WA are physical dmg, but some are mystical. These are:
Snowbind
Megalore
WA from Obsidian

Heaven's Gate has a chance to inst KO a unit (not union)

These WA has second highest Power (Rank A)
Heaven's Door
Demonsblow
SwordFlash
Hawkarang
Stamp
WA from Huge Yama only Spear/Lance type weapon

WA from Masterblade has highest power (Rank S)

DDS is Best Playing: The Last Remnant(4th PT), Persona 4(On hold)
http://card.mygamercard.net/community/mondoxbox/beelzebub1988.png

User Info: ma1ku

ma1ku
11 years ago#7
Mastertactitian, I think everyone has told you a billion times! Go to the third path to get your Tough Phantom Husk! It is so much more common for them to drop it than the 7th path!

Anyhow, I know for a 100% certain FACT that Swordflash (and Hawkarang) is a ONE-Handed Weapon art, NOT Power-grip (nor Dual Wield), because my Rush uses it with ONE hand on the weapon and ONE hand floating off to the side (not holding a shield and NOT on the weapon) thus making it 1 handed NOT power-grip.

On top of that, my Rush can NOT use any medium sized weapon for Powergrip combat arts. If it is a medium sized weapon that's a 100% guarantee, that he will only use it with a single hand. I am sure someone has pointed it out, but I will state once more, Guardians cannot switch from stance to stance, forcing them to use the only stance the weapon equipped is supposed to be used for IE: Tataraichi was built to be used as a one handed weapon, and same goes with Hawkwind.

But since having a Shield forces you into one handed combat arts, so someone says, I would suggest you use one. I wouldn't know what a shield was like because I have never used one, nor will I ever.

So far the only exception for DW any weapon with a weapon art is if your Rush is a Gladiator, which will allow him to switch from stance to stance. IF there are any other Classes that allow this, I am all ears.

User Info: Panopictonguy

Panopictonguy
11 years ago#8
I think the misconception that you need a shield to be 1-handed comes from Glenys.

I noticed while playing with her recently that her Default wield stle with a Midsize sword is powergrip.

Which should be impossible. I'm not sure if it has to do with her class. But she has 1 1-handed sword which should have her default weild style as one handed but she is always power gripping.

This doesn't happen with rush unless there's a way to change style in the menu. If he has 1-midsize sword & no shield he will default to 1-hand.
GT: Ningenmaru, PSN: Nuninga

joev3888
11 years ago#9
So in other words this whole time i've been dual wielding my Hawkwinds I've been killing my chances at WA too? Bah, I only have knee splitter in one handed, while I have every other possible move (including spring squall).

Pain in my butt.....

Off to the races....aka the Ancient Ruins...

User Info: pprincess

pprincess
11 years ago#10
I just made a Demonblade from the Mermaid's Malice which was my first Demonblade ever that I've been able to make. But the weapon's customizer can't "remember" how to upgrade it further? Did I mess up?
  1. Boards
  2. The Last Remnant
  3. Rush and Weapon Arts
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A