• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last Remnant
  3. Wagram and Imperator?

User Info: NemesisLaw

NemesisLaw
11 years ago#1
Yes yes, i know most of us are still busy getting weapon arts for everyone, trying to beat on teh enlightened seven.

Who is Wagram really?
And who is the imperator?
Anyone who isn't busy, lets discuss this.

User Info: tidus9605605

tidus9605605
11 years ago#2
The story didn't really release much information on either of them or th Conqueror included. I'm fairly sure Wagram was an adept mage from the Academy who was being used by the Conqueror to try and "awaken" Rush, but failed horribly D=

The Impertor was some guy who they probably made up on the last second because they needed the make the story suck even more @_@
He "sealed" all the bad and evil crap that the world couldn't handle or want.
[({ MGO: [SOP]Tidus })] I la................g
[({ MGO2: PhaZe })] -Connection Unstable-

User Info: Takfloyd_mkII__

Takfloyd_mkII__
11 years ago#3
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=939444&topic=47545483

My last post here (posted just now) may give some added insight on the Imperator business.

As for Wagram, he's much more than an Academy researcher, and much more than a human too.
In fact, everything points towards him being the king of the Kingdom of Glenys, which was also destroyed by the Imperator hundreds of years ago. In her dying moments when you defeat her in a quest, the Queen of Glenys mentions her husband, naming him "Waaaagraaaa..." as she dies. Can't be anything else really. I don't remember her exact words other than that though.

A lot of the backstory is revealed through the sidequests, they're always worth checking out even for that alone. Also, a lot of recruitable characters can tell you a lot of interesting stuff when you befriend them. Just now I learned from Nora that she is the result of a failed experiment in the Third Committee to fuse a woman with a Remnant, for instance, and she has to eat several times as much as normal people as a consequence. So that's why the Ladies of Bloody Alice were after the Third Committee, they were failed lab rats!
I have a dark side... a hidden side!
If you think you know me, you know nothing at all...

User Info: tidus9605605

tidus9605605
11 years ago#4
There was/is a sidequest with her in it? @_@ I wasn't aware of that. But thanks for spoling Nora's story for me. Jk, I don't use her anyways but that's interesting to know.
[({ MGO: [SOP]Tidus })] I la................g
[({ MGO2: PhaZe })] -Connection Unstable-

Takfloyd_mkII__
11 years ago#5
Actually, this info wasn't from her sidequest, I did that ages ago. It was about joining the "bandits" called Ladies of Bloody Alice to destroy the remains of the Third Committee (the bad guys from Disc 1), but it was on the requirement that you didn't ask why.

Then just now she suddenly had a red speech bubble again and told me the whole story. And she's started liking Rush, as opposed to in the beginning when she cusses him off if you try to talk.

Takfloyd_mkII__
11 years ago#6
Oh-ho, I've been pestering Wyngale for a bit now. At first he just laughed at me and said the one he's trying to kill is "maybe someone you know...?", but just now he revealed that it is in fact the Imperator. Apparently the Imperator forced him to Bind the Brimuslabus so that he had to remain in Baaluk forever to keep The Fallen sealed, and now he wants revenge.

User Info: SagaraSouske

SagaraSouske
11 years ago#7
I believe Wagram is the king of Kingdom of Glenys, who is the Imperator, as well as the first God Emperor as well as Marion Marshall's husband.

Takfloyd_mkII__
11 years ago#8
I believe Wagram is the king of Kingdom of Glenys, who is the Imperator, as well as the first God Emperor as well as Marion Marshall's husband.

For some reason I can't tell if this is sarcasm... The Imperator was the one who destroyed Glenys. One of the Balterossa quests tells you that the Kingdom of Glenys became so prosperous that it was seen as a threat, that's why the Imperator attacked.

So unless things are very weird and complicated, they're not the same. The Imperator probably was the God Emperor who married Marion Marshall though.

One thing: The character named Glenys is probably connected to these things as well. If she has a second(or third, depending on whether you call the Flaumello quest "hers") quest, I haven't reached it yet so don't spoil it, but from what I gather she's either one of the Mantroskyolo and thus undead, or simply a heir to the Kingdom of Glenys. She keeps talking about a man who destroyed her city and how she wants revenge on him.

That's obviously the Imperator as well, so at least 2 characters are out to kill him. Maybe more. I hope you do get to fight him eventually. Might be in the sequel and not as DLC though. Heck, he could be the main villain in the sequel.

User Info: NemesisLaw

NemesisLaw
11 years ago#9
Bump.

User Info: robtang42

robtang42
11 years ago#10
I have a sneaking suspsion wagram is the imperator, need to go back and read all the tablets in the tower to check as I missed a few of them.

The other thing is one quest mentioned the imperator could use magik and the only other person (besides the quest giver) to mention magik is wagram when hes summoning all the idols etc. and not to mention the boss in that quest is an idol.
It also pops up at an odd point with no other (non leader) side quests, like that wanted to emphasize it
  1. Boards
  2. The Last Remnant
  3. Wagram and Imperator?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A