Director of The Last Remnant recently said it may be considered for PS4.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last Remnant
  3. Director of The Last Remnant recently said it may be considered for PS4.

User Info: 1Truth

1Truth
4 years ago#1
On 25 January 2014, during the "Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XII Q&A" for FFXIV: A Realm Reborn, Hiroshi Takai, director of The Last Remnant, was asked about the game. You can see the full transcript of the Q&A below:

Q: The PlayStation®3 version of "The Last Remnant" was never released. Are there any plans to release this title on PlayStation®4? Also, are there any plans for a sequel?

A: Takai: I’m certainly not against this, so if there are enough requests, we may consider it. It's a title I’m actually quite fond of, so I would like to have the opportunity.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/143655-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-XII-Q-A-Summary-%2802-03-2014%29

You can see the video where he's asked about it here:
http://youtu.be/5gx4lX4w93Y?t=1h15m35s

It's quite funny, as when the question about The Last Remnant is asked, Naoki Yoshida has this alerted look and then instantly starts laughing. Hiroshi Takai also has this look on his face that says, "Man, how am I gonna get out of this one?" It's as if he just knows he's kept this game way overdue on PS3. Also, during Takai's answer, Yoshida tells him that the PS3 version is still ranking in the "Famitsu's Readers Most Wanted". Takai is surprised to hear this and says thanks to all the fans still anticipating the game.
The Zodiac Brave Theory
A groundbreaking new discovery about the story of Final Fantasy XII. Release: TBA

User Info: potionsmaster

potionsmaster
4 years ago#2
That might give us a shimmer of hope, but I doubt the director has much to say in the matter. Also, everybody has sort of forgotten about this title (except for some crazy Famitsu readers), so I doubt they will get many requests for this.

1Truth
4 years ago#3
potionsmaster posted...
That might give us a shimmer of hope, but I doubt the director has much to say in the matter. Also, everybody has sort of forgotten about this title (except for some crazy Famitsu readers), so I doubt they will get many requests for this.

Yeah, I also doubt the director has much say in the matter. He probably even wanted the PS3 version to be released, but the executives had final word on the matter and canned it.

It's interesting the game is still highly requested in Japan. I think the reason for this is manly due to it being the only HD JRPG that SQEX internally developed last-gen that wasn't a FF game. Seeing as it never released on PS3 (the dominant HD platform in Japan), many Japanese gamers never got the chance to play it.
The Zodiac Brave Theory
A groundbreaking new discovery about the story of Final Fantasy XII. Release: TBA

User Info: xsesh

xsesh
4 years ago#4
@1Truth: what is The Zodiac Brave Theory anyway?
Z.O.E 3, Console 2D Castlevania, Chrono Break, 2D \ Console 2D Metroid
Where are They?

1Truth
4 years ago#5
xsesh posted...
@1Truth: what is The Zodiac Brave Theory anyway?

It's a theory I'm writing about a hidden theme in the story of FFXII. I'll send you a PM with more info.
The Zodiac Brave Theory

User Info: xsesh

xsesh
4 years ago#6
thanks
Z.O.E 3, Console 2D Castlevania, Chrono Break, 2D \ Console 2D Metroid
Where are They?

User Info: adriane23

adriane23
4 years ago#7
Well, I think I held out long enough. Just got this on Steam for $3.99. If they do make a PS4 version (which I doubt), I'll probably get it if it's a marked improvement over the original.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last Remnant
  3. Director of The Last Remnant recently said it may be considered for PS4.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived