I think the team that made this game have moved on to FFXV.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last Remnant
  3. I think the team that made this game have moved on to FFXV.

User Info: Galvanization

Galvanization
6 years ago#1
They've been MIA for over 3 years.

I also found this interview with Hiroshi Takai (director) that shows that they've moved on to other projects.

Edge: Are you looking to develop Last Remnant into a long-running series or is it envisioned as being a standalone product? And apart from the Japanese market, how much will the possibility of a sequel depend on the success of the game in the west?

Hiroshi Takai: We’re definitely open to continuing the story and we’re looking forward to seeing how the fans react to this new game world. However, the team has been working hard on this title and now have a bunch of ideas for other games that we’ll hopefully be able to investigate. We aren’t looking for a certain sales threshold before we’ll consider doing a sequel. We just want Last Remnant to do well at retail and to be critically well received.
"JRPGs are not mainly about story. That's just a trend FF started. Look at the huge sales of Pokemon. Do people buy it for the story? Hell no! " ~ Vex

User Info: xsesh

xsesh
6 years ago#2
maybe they are developing the new Action RPG because last time Hiroshi Takai said that he can't wait to start the new project using the UE3 and the game is using the UE3

if you don't know what i am talking abut here's a link:

thesilentchief.com/2012/03/18/miniscule-update-on-square-enixs-new-action-rpg/
ZOE3, Console 2D Castlevania, Chrono Break, 2D \ Console 2D Metroid
Where are They?

User Info: Galvanization

Galvanization
6 years ago#3
xsesh posted...
maybe they are developing the new Action RPG because last time Hiroshi Takai said that he can't wait to start the new project using the UE3 and the game is using the UE3

if you don't know what i am talking abut here's a link:

thesilentchief.com/2012/03/18/miniscule-update-on-square-enixs-new-action-rpg/

I doubt it. The Edge interview was in November 2008 so they have probably been long since started their ext project before that Action RPG was announced.
"JRPGs are not mainly about story. That's just a trend FF started. Look at the huge sales of Pokemon. Do people buy it for the story? Hell no! " ~ Vex
  1. Boards
  2. The Last Remnant
  3. I think the team that made this game have moved on to FFXV.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived