You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Ocean: Second Evolution
  3. At which point does the Lacuer tournament is missed?

User Info: DiogoShadowJorg

DiogoShadowJorg
1 month ago#1
So, I'm going to make a universe playthrough to put on youtube, and I was wondering at which point does one skip the tournament? That's because, being universe, Rena's story and me wanting Claude to reach the finals, I would prefer to visit the Linga grounds and level up there, while moving the herbs plotline along while at it. But I'm afraid doing so will make me miss the tournament.

So basically, at which point in the story does the tournament becomes missable?
Right makes might! With divine blade in hand, I shall cleave you along with your sins!
FC: 3926-8239-0430
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: LeoChris

LeoChris
1 month ago#2
The tournament is a required plot point, you can't miss it. Bowman won't help you with Keith until after it is done.

User Info: OmegaVideoGameG

OmegaVideoGameG
1 month ago#3
You need the tourney.
My Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAKSZj_4veP6V--pSoP61A

DiogoShadowJorg
1 month ago#4
OmegaVideoGameG posted...
You need the tourney.

Is that so? Was under the impression that if you did Bowman's quest to the end, that you would skip it, for some reason. Don't know why I thought it was so.

Is it at least possible to visit the Linga grounds before doing the tournament?
Right makes might! With divine blade in hand, I shall cleave you along with your sins!
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: LeoChris

LeoChris
1 month ago#5
DiogoShadowJorg posted...

Yes, but you can't pick up any herbs.

DiogoShadowJorg
1 month ago#6
LeoChris posted...
DiogoShadowJorg posted...

Yes, but you can't pick up any herbs.

Well, there's that at least.

User Info: Dynedux

Dynedux
1 month ago#7
You can go all the way to the end of the cave, I don't think the boss appears though, and as Chris said you can't actually pick the herbs. Great place to level up if you aren't quite strong enough for the stuff around the frontline area yet.
The idea of "doxxing" is idiotic. Why should anyone be able to hide behind the anonymity of the internet?-AndreLeGeant

DiogoShadowJorg
1 month ago#8
Dynedux posted...
You can go all the way to the end of the cave, I don't think the boss appears though, and as Chris said you can't actually pick the herbs. Great place to level up if you aren't quite strong enough for the stuff around the frontline area yet.

Yeah, thanks for advice everyone.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Ocean: Second Evolution
  3. At which point does the Lacuer tournament is missed?