Anyone else notice Claude lag?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Star Ocean: Second Evolution
  3. Anyone else notice Claude lag?

User Info: KAveries87

KAveries87
10 months ago#1
My Claude is equipped with Aeterna, Battle Suit, Bunny Shoes, Berserker Ring and Ring of Might.

I'm around level 115-120 (not sure as I'm halfway through survival mode right now and not keeping track of level gains.)

ANYWAYS!

I've noticed that if Claude's attacks are deflected his animation lags to the point where it's like a slow spell has been cast upon him. It's enough time for any enemy to literally waltz around him and attack him from behind before he starts moving again.

Is this a program glitch, or some sort of intentional penalization? Anyone else experience this?

I'll be surprised if anyone answers this given that this board is pretty much dead by the looks of things, but it doesn't hurt.
Why are people always overwhelmed or underwhelmed. Why isn't anyone ever just whelmed?

User Info: Crimson_Fang

Crimson_Fang
9 months ago#2
Noticed this too. Now I can't beat Gabriel. :(
Pretty inactive in FFBE. Disgaea 2 is addictive AF, I barely even touch my phone anymore. ._.
Official Vargas of the FFBE Boards. F2P BTW.

KAveries87
9 months ago#3
Crimson_Fang posted...
Noticed this too. Now I can't beat Gabriel. :(

Switch to the Sword of Marvels (there was one in the field of might). It has a 100% hit rate, so the lag will never kick in.

I've since learned it's a damn in game penalty for when the enemy guards against or deflects your attack, and affects all characters.

My current boss loadout is:

Sword of Marvels
Battle Suit
Shield of Athena (halves all elemental damage)
Dueling Helmet
Bunny Shoes
Berserker Ring (doubles damage)
Ring of Might (Basically doubles all your stats at cost of double elemental damage [thus shield of athena])

I'm not where you are yet though, and am still playing the campaign, so the Dueling Helmet and Battle Suit might be obsolete for you. Bunny Shoes is just convenient for me at this point because I'm so OP that I don't want to dedicate much time to the battles I don't need to.

But yea..basically, Sword of Marvels if it's proving too impossible otherwise :/
Why are people always overwhelmed or underwhelmed. Why isn't anyone ever just whelmed?

Crimson_Fang
9 months ago#4
Thanks for the SoM suggestion! And yeah, Bunny Shoes are awesome.

(Still conflicted whether to restart game for Aeterna or SoM)
I'll go for SoM.
Pretty inactive in FFBE. Disgaea 2 is addictive AF, I barely even touch my phone anymore. ._.

KAveries87
9 months ago#5
Crimson_Fang posted...

I'll go for SoM.

Why would you need to restart? I have both, and I only break out SoM when I'm in a battle I can't afford the deflection.

THAT BEING SAID, I sorta quit the game. I was doing the cave of trials, was more than halfway through when I died. The deflection penalty against a surprise attack of the blue scumbags..it was a long, long drawn out battle, but I lost. I was like "nope." Put down the game and picked up dragon quest IX for my 3ds lol

Crimson_Fang
9 months ago#6
KAveries87 posted...
Crimson_Fang posted...

I'll go for SoM.

Why would you need to restart? I have both, and I only break out SoM when I'm in a battle I can't afford the deflection.

THAT BEING SAID, I sorta quit the game. I was doing the cave of trials, was more than halfway through when I died. The deflection penalty against a surprise attack of the blue scumbags..it was a long, long drawn out battle, but I lost. I was like "nope." Put down the game and picked up dragon quest IX for my 3ds lol

Missed the Deadly Edge. Y u do dis Gamgee?! Also, tested the SoM. Went for it instead of the Aeterna.
I died a while ago thanks to those Life Flayers in Floor 10 of the MoT. Quick as hell and just too quick for me to revive my dead members. So I rage quitted and switched to Disgaea 2. After a while, now, I decided to challenge the maze again. I'll get my revenge, stupid robot spiders...

KAveries87
9 months ago#7
Missed the Deadly Edge. Y u do dis Gamgee?! Also, tested the SoM. Went for it instead of the Aeterna.
I died a while ago thanks to those Life Flayers in Floor 10 of the MoT. Quick as hell and just too quick for me to revive my dead members. So I rage quitted and switched to Disgaea 2. After a while, now, I decided to challenge the maze again. I'll get my revenge, stupid robot spiders...

I may go back again at some point. I also unlocked Gabriel's real power before entering, so I'd have to max everyone's level if I wanted to win (without some cheese like using bloody armor)

I wish there wasn't such a burnout feeling when you get a game over after making your way through someone like the MoT grr

User Info: Ateas

Ateas
9 months ago#8
I think the same thing happens to enemies when you parry their attacks. It's one of the consequences of having your attack fail. I'm pretty sure it was also present in the original PS1 version, so I don't think it's a bug. It's annoying for sure though. SO2 is one of the classics but its combat isn't known for being balanced. As for getting a game over, were you heading out to save after completing each floor? It can be time consuming but the extra XP helps, and it saves the frustration that comes with losing all your progress because of an unexpected game over.

KAveries87
9 months ago#9
Ateas posted...
I think the same thing happens to enemies when you parry their attacks. It's one of the consequences of having your attack fail. I'm pretty sure it was also present in the original PS1 version, so I don't think it's a bug. It's annoying for sure though. SO2 is one of the classics but its combat isn't known for being balanced. As for getting a game over, were you heading out to save after completing each floor? It can be time consuming but the extra XP helps, and it saves the frustration that comes with losing all your progress because of an unexpected game over.

I was overconfident because from the start of the game I was always OP, and after I reached lvl 170 doing the coliseum survival mode I didn't think I needed to. My epic fail.

User Info: Davincross

Davincross
9 months ago#10
When I played, I got the sense SoM was practically the only weapon you can use in the cave of trials or near end game with claude because his hit isn't high enough to land attacks. However there are much stronger swords with helpful effects that you can't really use cause you'll likely get stuck in an animation.. I stopped using him all together for Dias. Just my opinion though
  1. Boards
  2. Star Ocean: Second Evolution
  3. Anyone else notice Claude lag?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived