• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: pprincess

pprincess
8 years ago#11
You can contact 7vmn7vmn about ffsky.cn, he's one of the admins on that site. You can find him on YouTube, but write your message in English and Chinese using a translator. I highly suggest you contact him, and if you don't hear back, don't use his site's maps. He's a well respected player of the game and well known in the community so it would be best to do what you can to contact him.

User Info: TirpitzLuminare

TirpitzLuminare
8 years ago#12
K I will try to get a hold of that guy as well. However I still have yet to hear from Split Infinity, real bummer there. What is going on is I have contacted the folks over at FF12Maps.com and informed them of the translation patch. They didn't want to update their site for FFXII IZJS because it was all in Japanese. However, after telling them of the patch and how to make it work they were both extremely excited about the game. I told them about Split's Difference Guide which is all you really need. I told them I could send them my maps so they could update their information using the format they already have in place. So technically my maps wont be used, just the raw information. If this happens my maps will be a moot point, since FF12Maps.com's format is actually quite brilliant.

Anyway I will keep everyone informed about the going's on this. I have no idea what the time-line on this will be, but it is exciting never the less.

Tirpitz

User Info: flak76e

flak76e
8 years ago#13
Split has been aswering my mail, so I find it strange that he ignore yours.
My youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=flak76e

TirpitzLuminare
8 years ago#14
flak76e,

Perhaps I smell or something lol. It's always possible I used the wrong e-mail but I really doubt it. Could you do me a favor and direct him to this thread so he can say yes or no to the use of these maps? I really don't want to keep e-mailing him about it and become a bother. I woudl really like his stamp of approval on this project.

Thanks,
Tirpitz

TirpitzLuminare
8 years ago#15
pprincess,

Wait, write it in English and Chinese? I don't follow. Or did you mean; write it in English then use a translator to change it to Chinese?

Thanks,
Tirpitz

User Info: flak76e

flak76e
8 years ago#16
Message sent.
My youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=flak76e

TirpitzLuminare
8 years ago#17
Thank you very much flak76e.

Tirpitz

User Info: Split Infinity

Split Infinity
8 years ago#18
Theres no problem if you want to use information about chest contents. That's factual information which is available to everyone.

But you'd need to draw the maps yourself. Simply lifting them out from the ultimania is copyright infringement.

TirpitzLuminare
8 years ago#19
Thank you Split, yeah I am waiting back on a response from those guys at the Japanese web site, if they say no I will respect that.

Tirpitz

TirpitzLuminare
8 years ago#20
Ok I got a question. I was wondering where the maps from http://ff12.ffsky.cn/map/map.htm actually came from? Are they just scanned from the strategy guide "Ultimania" or where they created by someone over at the Japaneses site? Because if they are just lifted from that book my maps would be no different from those on the Japanese website. Since I am not claiming I created said maps, nor am I trying to profit from them, just translating it from Japanese to English I don't think it would actually be copyright infringement. I could be wrong about this though. I haven't been able to get a hold of anyone over at http://ff12.ffsky.cn/map/map.htm so I'm not sure what the next step is. Also since they have been altered from the originals doesn't that in itself change the content to not be copyright infringement? Granted I could just re-do the maps with ones I created but that is a lot of work. Thoughts, suggestions? I'm not trying to piss on anyone toes on this, but I would really like to have these maps be made available to the community.

Thanks,
Tirpitz
Representing: Yes; Keeping it Real: Yes
Representing while Simultaneously Keeping it Real: Always
  • Topic Archived