You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
Let me clarify my OP, there's a 5 page interview with Itou in the FFXII Zodiac Job System Ultimania that came out shortly after this game. Does anyone know where I can find scans of it or a translation of it online?
Thanks in advance.
The hottest cross dresser in J-Rock (Remember when Cloud did this in FFVII?) http://img32.imageshack.us/i/hfinal00.jpg/
I've never seen scans of it, but it's certainly worth reading. In case you don't find it, I'll post a summary here:
* He wanted to call the game "FFXII Annex", citing the coolness of the letter X!
* He mentions how the original license board, common to all characters, ended up making players set ul their characters the same way, having the same abilities -- they wanted to remedy this.
* 12 jobs because there are 12 zodiac signs, and it's FF 12. He wanted to create some new jobs that would get people thinking about the relatively-unknown "real" origins of them, like the Uhlan, Mononofu, and Shikari.
* He's a mountain climbing buff, and wanted to name some of the new items after mountains so that more people would get into his hobby. Some of the other names were also menat to be educational, such as changing the Vaccine into C9H8O4, the chemical formula for aspirin. ("Should help on those chemistry exams!" he says.)
* A weak defense of some of the ridiculously-low-odds (and invisible!) items like the Seitengrad.
* He wants the true experts to take on Trial Mode with Weak Mode characters.
If you never find the original, I can post a more detailed response. It's a pretty good interview; maybe not worth paying the shipping to buy the book, but still a fun read, especially if you're a big FFXII fan who always wants more inside info on this great game.