• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System
  3. What Final Fantasy XII and Star Wars have in common

User Info: songmic

songmic
12 years ago#1
I don't know how other people will think, but I've noticed that these two have a lot of story elements in common. I don't know if anybody has posted something like this on the message board for the original FFXII, because the International FFXII is my first game. So here goes:

1. FFXII: Archadia, an evil yet powerful empire, invades and takes over its neighboring kingdoms. A princess, who lost her kingdom to Archadia, leads the resistance against the empire and struggles to reclaim freedom with the help of her friends.

Star Wars: The empire, ruled by Palpatine who overthrew the Jedi, invades and takes over its neighboring galaxies. A princess, who lost her homeland to the empire, leads the resistance against it and struggles to reclaim freedom with the help of her friends.

2. FFXII: The princess comes to meet a sky pirate(Balthier), who is being chased by bounty hunters(Ba'Gamnan). The sky pirate owns an excellent airship(Strahl), and has a non-human yet trustworthy friend(Fran) at his side. At first he joins the cause for money, but later he truly joins one of them.

Star Wars: The princess comes to meet a space pirate(Han Solo), who is being chased by bounty hunters(Boba Fett). The space pirate owns an excellent spaceship(Millennim Falcon), and has a non-human yet trustworthy friend(Chewbacca) at his side. At first he joins the cause for money, but later he truly joins one of them.

3. FFXII: Archadia is headed by evil, ambitious Vayne. There is also Judge Magister Gabranth, a powerful figure who works under Vayne as commander of the Imperial Army. Gabranth is clad in black armor and helmet that hides his face. He is related(by blood) to one of the important members of the resistance(Basch). In the end, in sky fortress Bahamut, the mother ship of the Archadian army, Gabranth is defeated in a duel with Basch. After that, he changes his mind and fights alongside the good guys, ultimately helping them defeat Vayne, his original master. While doing so he is gravely wounded, and dies shortly after.

Star Wars: The empire is headed by evil, ambitious Palpatine. There is alo Darth Vader, a powerful figure who works under Palpatine as commander of the Imperial Army. Vader is clad in black armor and helmet that hides his face. He is related(by blood) to one of the important members of the resistance(Luke). In the end, in Death Star, the mother ship of the Empire, Vader is defeated in a duel with Luke. After that, he changes his mind and fight alongside the good, ultimately helping to defeat Palpatine, his original master. While doing so he is gravely wounded, and dies shortly after.

User Info: songmic

songmic
12 years ago#2
4. FFXII: There is the Mist.
Star Wars: There is the Force.

5. FFXII: There are many animal-looking races besides humans. But most protagonists and antagonists are humans.
Star Wars: There are many alien animal-looking races besides humans. But most protagonists and antagonists are humans.

6. FFXII: The good guys, with their airship, make it to Bhuerjba, an independent city hovering in the sky. At first they are greeted by Ondore, the leader of the skycity, but later are betrayed and handed to the Archadian army. However, later, Ondore changes and helps the good guys against the empire.

Star Wars: The good guys, with their airship, make it to Cloud City, an indepenent city hovering in the sky. At first they are greeted by Lando, the leader of the skycity, but later are betrayed and handed to the Imperial army. However, later, Lando changes his mind and helps the good guys escape.

7. FFXII: After Vayne's death, sky fortress Bahamut, the mother ship of the Archadian army, goes haywire and starts to collapse. However, the protagonists, with their recently-joined good guy(Gabranth), make it out of there alive with their airship.

Star Wars: After Palpatine's death, Death Star, the mother ship of the Imperial army, goes haywire and starts to collapse. However, the protagonist, with their recently-joined good guy(Darth Vader), make it out of there alive with an airship.

User Info: -oneironaut-

-oneironaut-
12 years ago#3
lol thats really uncanny... i never realized this. good write up :D

User Info: Arkane Denial

Arkane Denial
12 years ago#4
On my first 10 hours of this game I also thought of nothing but comparing it to Star Wars. XD

Want to earn just by reading ads? No scam, no payments, no lies.
http://www.taketheinternetback.com/index.php?refId=92064

User Info: VladTepes

VladTepes
12 years ago#5
Wow! That's really...old.
There was signature here. It's gone now.

User Info: Don_Tefi

Don_Tefi
12 years ago#6
Vlad Tepes is right this is very old
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System
  3. What Final Fantasy XII and Star Wars have in common
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A