"cod4 console error"

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: warbro1000

warbro1000
8 years ago#1
Hey guys.

I have an original copy of cod4. I installed it and the single player works fine. I can open multiplayer, but i seem unable to get a LAN game up and running. Which I click on start to begin the match, the screen goes black and the a window called "cod4 console" pops up. Once that happens, there is nothing that I can do. Please help me here guys, I really want to LAN a friend in cod4. I appreciate any assistance.
Play Station 3 Network ID : warbro

User Info: warbro1000

warbro1000
8 years ago#2
I'm running windows 7 by the way.
Play Station 3 Network ID : warbro

User Info: ghost117007

ghost117007
8 years ago#3

Lol.

Im pretty sure you have to launch cod4 while leaving that console open. and then join it. my guess is that it will be under the server list under "Local"

User Info: predaturd

predaturd
8 years ago#4
you have to setup a server, the console opening is the server software running on your ocmputer, if you cant just open another instance of cod4 while thats going on try using the xp mode of windows seven and see if you can run it that way(probably best to run the server software in xp mode for performance but im not sure.)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived