• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Wolf_Lord

Wolf_Lord
6 years ago#1
So I beat the OC a long time ago and a while back I got NWN2 Platinum off steam so now I'm trying to play through the two expansions. And for MOTB I was thinking of making a Monk or a Favored Soul but.. What one should I make? Are they good?

For Monk I was planning on going unarmed, Just using my fists as weapons. Not sure how to use a Favored Soul though..

User Info: Geomagnus

Geomagnus
6 years ago#2
Wolf_Lord posted...
So I beat the OC a long time ago and a while back I got NWN2 Platinum off steam so now I'm trying to play through the two expansions. And for MOTB I was thinking of making a Monk or a Favored Soul but.. What one should I make? Are they good?

For Monk I was planning on going unarmed, Just using my fists as weapons. Not sure how to use a Favored Soul though..

A Monk can do a good amount of damage if you give it the Sacred Fist PrC. With high Wisdom, they won't do a whole lot of damage, but their defense skyrockets. With Sacred Fist (which takes one or two levels in Cleric or something), you can add a bit more damage from it's divine fire-based attacks that add to your unarmed damage and can also increase your AC. However, if you feel like using ANY weapon as a Sacred Fist, your AB tanks.

Favored Soul is sort of like a Cleric Lite. The chief difference is that FS gets Sorcerer-like spellcasting, in so far as they are able to cast all their spells without preparing them beforehand. However, they reach 9th level spell casting slower, but they also get more spells than Sorcerers do. They also get some feats that are related to their God, if you continue to take the class. They can be more flexible in some areas, whereas Clerics are often a bit more powerful, in the end.
  • Topic Archived