• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: blasster

blasster
11 years ago#11
Why did they skip IV to V directly though after II & III?, also, is there any coneection between all Growlanser games? (such as storyline)
"Betrayal is also a part of well-established strategy, there's no need for shame to execute such action."

User Info: DarkGuywitno

DarkGuywitno
11 years ago#12
Bleh Fawk waiting. I'm getting a Mod Chip and importing 1,4, and 6! Take that Society! I mock you! Hahaha!
"Light cannot exist without darkness.Darkness cannot be without light."

User Info: SuperDeadite

SuperDeadite
11 years ago#13
Ok here is how the series fits togheather, games grouped togheather are connected:

Growlanser: - The original game, and still the best of the series in my opinion.
Growlanser II: The Sense of Justice - direct sequal to Growlanser
Growlanser III: The Dual Darkness - prequal to Growlanser.

Growlanser IV: Wayfarer of the Time - NO connections to the above in this game.
Growlanser IV: Wayfarer of the Time Return - direct "sequal" to the above. This is just a set of three text adventures, and no normal gameplay. Monika from Growlanser III appears here and makes a very slight connection between GIII and GIV. However the connection is meaningless in regards to the story.

Growlanser V: Generations (HoW in US) - No connections to the previous 4+1 games.
Growlanser VI: Precarious World - direct sequal to Growlanser V. (So direct that V and VI can be considered to be two halves to one game)
Stronger than your average deadite

blasster
11 years ago#14
According to the faq here that I've read, it seems that getting ending on this one seems to be easier since the trust level doesn't matter as much.
"Betrayal is also a part of well-established strategy, there's no need for shame to execute such action."

User Info: Silent ZeroX

Silent ZeroX
11 years ago#15
Wait I own growlanser generations, that is NOT HoW...wtf
Pokemon Diamond Friend Code
Tyre: 2363 2110 7466

Silent ZeroX
11 years ago#16
And I say that because I just bought HoW yesterday. They are two different games

User Info: Nogoodnamesnow

Nogoodnamesnow
11 years ago#17
<_< Growlanser Generations the the pack of Growlanser II and III in America, yes, but Growlanser V in Japan was called "Growlanser V: Generations"
"Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are... Death awaits you." - Persona 3

blasster
11 years ago#18
What does each subtitle in each game referring/related to anyway....? (Sense of Justice, Dual Darkness, Warfayer of Time, Generatons, Precarious World)

Silent ZeroX
11 years ago#19
If you play each game, you realize that each title has something to do with the game...HoW/generations shows through different eyes the perspectives of war across multiple generations

User Info: odino

odino
11 years ago#20
next year summer is very likely if the PS2 is still doing well
  • Topic Archived