• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword
  3. Head Ninja monastery fight?

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
1 year ago#1
How am I supposed to deal with the big Resident Evil Hunter-like monsters that deal over a third of my hp in damage every time they get me? I try playing defensive, but it seems like the game wants me to spend 30 minutes on a single fight just to make it out alive.

The game doesn't allow much strategy or finesse in the first place due to its controls, so I have no idea which tactic I'm supposed to try. I have the Izuna Drop, the Flying Swallow, Ninpo, and slashing like a madman. Oh, and I guess there's also throwing shuriken like a madman, but that never seems to work well even on normal mobs.

Ninja Gaiden Black/Sigma has way more options with which to tackle mobs. The number of moves you can work into a combo was great. You can counter, you can kick, you can use other weapons like nunchaku/vigoorian flails and lunar staff...heck, you even got sidearms like the windmill shuriken and bow that had a lot of application. Here, you've basically got four moves, at least in chapter 3 where I'm at. That's it. I get that it's a handheld game, but you'd think they would also dumb the enemies down if they're going to dumb down the gameplay.
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."
(edited 1 year ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword
  3. Head Ninja monastery fight?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A