• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. Has PVE improved since when the game was first released?

User Info: george43

george43
1 year ago#1
Not being derogatory in anyway. I think the map exploration and such is on point.

But I remember PVE was kind of crap in dungeons. Felt like a button mashing extravaganza, with no real strategy.

User Info: ellis123

ellis123
1 year ago#2
Yes and no. In a lot of ways most of the normal maps are roughly as you remember, even if they didn't necessarily exist during that time period, but with gimmicks that sometimes try and introduce strategy but only in a really global sense and not really something that you personally will really interact with unless you're running as a commander. Inversely raids and higher-end fractals (basically mini-dungeons that took over the development of the normal dungeons) are very much as strategic as you can get with an MMO. Much like in other MMOs the mechanics aren't super crazy in terms of what you have to actually strategize around but due to the more kinetic combat system these end up being far more intense than the contemporaries most of the time.

In a sense they have also improved much of the "game feel" as far as combat is concerned due to so many more movement related affairs (both through movement of the player and enemies) so things like positioning are far more pushed and being mindful of where everyone else is definitely matters a lot more. That said Lupi is still one of the biggest comparison points on that front and if you still found him as much a button masher than I doubt those changes would really matter all that much even if they have expanded upon them pretty substantially.
"A shouted order to do something of dubious morality with an unpredictable outcome? Thweeet!"
My FC is in my profile.

User Info: george43

george43
1 year ago#3
Are the original dungeons still on farm? i.e. is it easy to get a group?

Do the expansions have newer dungeons or is it mainly fractals? This could probably be a google question.

User Info: ellis123

ellis123
1 year ago#4
Last I knew (I quit the game a while back) only the top couple of farmed paths were really done at all and even they were a bit hit or miss for getting groups. Some of the time they were easy, sometimes they had no one going through them at all (and generally a lot more of the latter was my experience).

And there are no new dungeons. Fractals completely took the place of dungeons and raids really put the nail in that coffin. Doubly so once they started to have fractals that acted a lot more like dungeons (story and complexity and whatnot) so there really wasn't much of a reason to care about dungeons outside of wanting that specific type of experience.
"A shouted order to do something of dubious morality with an unpredictable outcome? Thweeet!"
My FC is in my profile.

User Info: Boge

Boge
3 months ago#5
My friends and I stopped playing when we realized the threat system on bosses was almost completely about who was standing closest. What a disappointment.
With deeper knowledge and experience, everything becomes more shallow.

User Info: Raile

Raile
2 months ago#6
Boge posted...
My friends and I stopped playing when we realized the threat system on bosses was almost completely about who was standing closest. What a disappointment.

Why would that be bad? Makes more sense actually.
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. Has PVE improved since when the game was first released?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A