Is this game enjoyable as a solo RPG?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. Is this game enjoyable as a solo RPG?

User Info: Jordan19Power

Jordan19Power
4 months ago#1
I played this game around 4 years ago and I didn't like it because there was too much leveling requirements between each main story mission, it would be "ok now level 2 more levels beforehand this mission" and I hated that. I've been playing The Elder Scrolls online and that works really well with the one tamriel update. Has this game sdone anything similar to that? Thanks

User Info: ellis123

ellis123
4 months ago#2
Probably more the opposite. Before you could do the stages at any level and could easily beat the game a good 20 levels below the recommended level solo (IIRC I beat it 17 below at my lowest). Now you have actual level checkpoints that force you to be a certain level or you cannot enter the stage period.

It, however, is still a solid single player RPG with only the last stage really giving you any drive towards needing a second person (though they removed the requirement for having a second person so you can just solo it now).
"A shouted order to do something of dubious morality with an unpredictable outcome? Thweeet!"
My FC is in my profile.

User Info: Jordan19Power

Jordan19Power
4 months ago#3
ellis123 posted...
Probably more the opposite. Before you could do the stages at any level and could easily beat the game a good 20 levels below the recommended level solo (IIRC I beat it 17 below at my lowest). Now you have actual level checkpoints that force you to be a certain level or you cannot enter the stage period.

It, however, is still a solid single player RPG with only the last stage really giving you any drive towards needing a second person (though they removed the requirement for having a second person so you can just solo it now).

Damn that sounds well bad

User Info: ellis123

ellis123
4 months ago#4
Jordan19Power posted...
ellis123 posted...

Damn that sounds well bad

Eh, this game is pretty easy to level up in so it hasn't ever been a particularly big problem outside of key farmers (which the change to only being able to get one key per week is really the thing that actually killed it off as people were still easily able to get nine levels in a minute and a half).

Though, really, this is an MMO. You're kind've missing the point if you're strictly looking it as a single player RPG. Sure you can do it, but the entire point of playing this sort of game is so that you have some level of social interaction.
"A shouted order to do something of dubious morality with an unpredictable outcome? Thweeet!"
My FC is in my profile.

User Info: xKynOx

xKynOx
3 months ago#5
i haven't played with another person for about a year, its very easy i completed path of fire with 0 problems and there is a LFG tool if you do fancy playing with others
I'm cheap
I5-4460 16GB DDR 3 ASUS GTX1060 6GB
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. Is this game enjoyable as a solo RPG?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived