Connection Error Detected. Retrying (message)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. Connection Error Detected. Retrying (message)

User Info: Xbox4ever

Xbox4ever
5 years ago#31
Actually, if you are smart and know about cars, you know that there is a break in period when you purchase a brand new car.
Phenom II X6 1055T@ 2.8 GHz | CM Storm Enforcer | 8 GB DDR3 RAM | HT Omega Claro Plus | MSI GTX 560 Ti TFII | 1.0 TB HDD | XL2370-1 23" |

User Info: ScreamingMidget

ScreamingMidget
5 years ago#32
akaTNO posted...
Many people are having issues with both the patch and the game client.

Don't worry, just wait a while and try again. SWTOR was the same way at launch.

Wait a few weeks and things will be back to normal, just log off for a good bit and go watch some movies at the theatre, or buy another video game to tide you over for the first few months of PATCH TIME

SWTOR had GAMEBREAKING BUGS months after RELEASE.
(message deleted)

User Info: Cjilgott

Cjilgott
5 years ago#34
Lis, I feel your pain not being able to play gw2 right away. Your righteous anger and contempt for the efforts of Arena Net are totally justified, I'm going to suggest you throw the game away and never ever try playing it again.

Meanwhile, I'm going to go read a book or play soccer and check in later to see if it works. When I manage to log in later today or tomorrow, I'll think of how laudable your indignation was and I will envy you your principles as you abstain from playing GW2. In turn, while I have all this fun playing GW2, will feel like a person of low moral worth, just because I don't have that willpower of yours to rage about inconsequential things and boycott Arena Net.

User Info: lonnieep

lonnieep
5 years ago#35
Cjilgott posted...
Lis, I feel your pain not being able to play gw2 right away. Your righteous anger and contempt for the efforts of Arena Net are totally justified, I'm going to suggest you throw the game away and never ever try playing it again.

Meanwhile, I'm going to go read a book or play soccer and check in later to see if it works. When I manage to log in later today or tomorrow, I'll think of how laudable your indignation was and I will envy you your principles as you abstain from playing GW2. In turn, while I have all this fun playing GW2, will feel like a person of low moral worth, just because I don't have that willpower of yours to rage about inconsequential things and boycott Arena Net.

I <3 you, gott.
"An educated consumer is better than an ignorant one. However you choose to buy this item will affect if, or how more are released in the future."

User Info: HollandGray

HollandGray
5 years ago#36
I've got Sleeping Dogs and Darksiders 2, and Final Fantasy 12 to eat up my time.

GW2 can wait and work out the kinks, I don't mind. Apparently I was one of the minority who realized "hey, I have a life OUTSIDE of an upcoming MMO".

User Info: Shadowguards

Shadowguards
5 years ago#37
lis300 posted...
When i pay $60 for a game i want to be able to play it when i want, any time i want. This is terrible service. It has already left me feeling as though this game is under done.

The game is fine, shut up, no you're not allowed to an opinion. They're maintaining the stress between both the influx of new buyers on the site and the game, this is to be expected, no game worth buying has ever had a smooth launch. So stop getting your panties all in a knot, sit down, shut up, and wait.

User Info: funkydude31

funkydude31
5 years ago#38
I'm just curious, didn't bother staying up late, but was this the issue all night? Like has anyone been able to get on at all. I know we are like 10hrs past the supposed beginning of the early launch, or has everyone been getting this error?

User Info: slim1379

slim1379
5 years ago#39
from what i heard i slept last night player were able log in not sure if everyone an play for around 5 hours then random d/c an connect issues been happening since
Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise.

User Info: korbee11

korbee11
5 years ago#40
A sequel to a highly acclaimed game is not letting us play before it is even released? You bastards. How dare you even attempt to offer people the chance to play your game before everyone else, merely by buying it. I am furious even in your attempt to give people early access! I mean, how dare you.

Seriously. Arena.net didn't have to give ANYONE 3 day or 1 day early access. They didn't have to give ANYONE the chance to play in the stress tests, or the beta events weekends. The game hasn't even been released yet, and you are already complaining like a snobby brat?

As for your analogy, you are forgetting one minor detail YOU DON'T HAVE THE REAL THING YET! In your analogy of the car, you are saying that you bought the car, drove it off the lot, and it explodes. Here is the problem. In order to make this an appropriate analogy, we have to have parallels. So in this case, the Car is the Game. That being said, we also have to point out that this is a brand new game, so you are getting a brand new, new model of car. Finally, THE GAME HASN'T BEEN RELEASED YET, which means we have to say that the car you just bought hasn't been released yet.

So, you drove a car (that doesn't exist in the public sphere), 3 days before you technically should have it, it exploded and the salesperson gave you another one while keeping your actually car (that you don't have yet), safe and pristine from all other problems.
Yup. Totally shady. That D-bag.
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. Connection Error Detected. Retrying (message)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived