Character Slots?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. Character Slots?

User Info: adgato

adgato
5 years ago#11
FuzzyBlueElf posted...
adgato posted...
FuzzyBlueElf posted...
Well, I don't mind paying for a feature for a game I like. That's not the problem.

I'm just having a hard time deciding what race/profession combos to go with, and this is a deciding point.

Anyone remember how much gold -> gem fee is? I can't recall.

Buying gems with gold is not a flat fee from GW2. It is brokered through the auction house, but the gems are bought from another player. So it will vary depending on supply and demand.

ah okay. Hm. Was thinking I could just use my first couple characters to buy the slots for the alts.

Will probably just spring for them with cash. IMO it'll be worth it.

Well, if you played those first couple characters for a good long while, I guess you could. But gems will no doubt be very expensive when bought for gold. It will vary, but they will be expensive. And the cost will always trend upwards as the game ages and more gold appears in the game.

User Info: Duke Darkwood

Duke Darkwood
5 years ago#12
I will probably go cash for the three character slots, and one expansion to bank storage space. But I will endeavor to go gold-for-gems for anything else I want. It would have to be pretty important (to me) to shell out further cash, and I can't think of anything in there that rates at the same level of importance as character slots do. (If the 5th-7th bag slots were account-wide, they would qualify. But they're not, so I will settle on getting them with gems bought with in-game gold.)
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann

User Info: adgato

adgato
5 years ago#13
Duke Darkwood posted...
I will probably go cash for the three character slots, and one expansion to bank storage space. But I will endeavor to go gold-for-gems for anything else I want. It would have to be pretty important (to me) to shell out further cash, and I can't think of anything in there that rates at the same level of importance as character slots do. (If the 5th-7th bag slots were account-wide, they would qualify. But they're not, so I will settle on getting them with gems bought with in-game gold.)

That is basically how I am looking at it. However, I am also setting aside about 10 bucks a month for impulse buying. Nothing on there really sucking me in yet, but I am sure the gem will continue to expand its offerings. Town clothes, exclusive crazy appearance gear etc. I would like to see some really cool stuff i havent seen before, like color skins for skills, etc. They could rake it in on stuff like that , as long as they continue to do a good job keeping it balanced.

User Info: xtacb

xtacb
5 years ago#14
can we buy slots right now? so for the 3day headstart we can immediately make 8 characters?
WoW: Talho #11 top warrior dps on 25 Saurfang and Festergut *WorldWide* and #1 world BPC, as of 4/7/10
http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/clazz/dps/war/9/0/3
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. Character Slots?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived