Task Sheet

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Alltra

Alltra
6 years ago#1
Honestly, I don't see the point in using this. Apparently nobody else does either, because there is pretty much no information on the specific mechanics of this feature, nobody cares about it enough to sit down and figure out how it works.

So tell me, what's the point of using this? It seems way too restrictive to be of any practical use.
My interpretation of reality is different than yours. Don't destroy my reality, even if you consider it a fantasy.

User Info: echa_One

echa_One
6 years ago#2
o.O

You can duplicate items with that. Sure you can create the items using alchemy, but some items require rarer materials (especially when they are not widely available for farming yet) and that's the best time to use task sharing. The results of the synthesis may vary depending on which characters are assigned to which items, but you can get really good results (eg. multiple items from a single synthesis copy).

You can also obtain some materials way earlier before they are available or before you can go to certain dungeons.
Our opinions may differ. The question is; do you respect my opinion as I do yours?
My Games: http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/mygames/index.html?user=echa_One

Alltra
6 years ago#3
I can't imagine it being that much earlier, since you practically have to spend an entire chapter to get anything. Unless I'm getting some rare end-game item as early as Chapter 4, I don't honestly see the point. The entire progression system in this game feels like FFXIII's crystarium system, only in this game's case you don't get to see when you hit the wall and can't progress any further without moving the story ahead.
My interpretation of reality is different than yours. Don't destroy my reality, even if you consider it a fantasy.

User Info: echa_One

echa_One
6 years ago#4
It worked for me. I got to duplicate Chocolate Robe way earlier before I can synthesis it freely. I obtained one 99% Choco from a job in the Resource Centre (from the boss using Jess' bag) and duplicated it for all the magic users. That's just one example out of many.

As I said, it doesn't just duplicate 1. You get multiple results from some items (usually consumables and synthesis materials), which is nice unless you prefer collecting materials yourselves. This system is there to give you the convinience from farming/grinding, but if you don't see it that way then you don't see it. You don't see the point, then you don't use it. At any rate, the task sharing did help me obtaining stuffs and equipment earlier and easier, even when the ingredients/materials are available.
Our opinions may differ. The question is; do you respect my opinion as I do yours?
My Games: http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/mygames/index.html?user=echa_One

User Info: darkmaian23

darkmaian23
6 years ago#5
^ This. Also, some items that are difficult/expensive to make are required for a lot of recipes and you can get several using the task sheet.

Alltra
6 years ago#6
I think the thing that annoys me about the Task Sheet, is that you really can't experiment freely with it.

Compare this, with something like Breath of Fire IV. Both games have a very similar "Item Search" feature. The biggest difference between them though, and the reason I dislike the Task Sheet, is that in BoF IV I can use this feature as many times as I want without any limit. The Task Sheet is extremely limited, in that you can only use it once, maybe twice, per week. Once you've played through all the weeks, you can't use it anymore.

For me, that kills the Task Sheet's usefulness. They don't really go into any detail about how the system works, and you can only experiment with it in a very limited manner. The lack of details would be excusable if I had more freedom to play with it and figure out how to use it to get what I want efficiently. The way it is, it discourages me from doing that, and instead I feel like I just randomly put people on something, and if I get something cool it's all good, but more than likely I'll just get useless items that I have no need for or can get in a much easier way. There's just no way to manipulate the system to get what I want, and that lack of control bothers me.

Please, if I'm wrong about that, I'd love to be corrected. I can't figure out a way to use this system to my advantage, I have no idea what I can get, how to get it, and who to get it with, and trying to figure that out on my own seems pointlessly time consuming when I can just wait until later on for more efficient and user friendly methods of gathering those items becomes available.

Otherwise the system just feels tacked on and pointless. I have no desire to use the system, and from what the rest of you have said, it seems like there really is no reason to use it, other than it's there so you may as well.

User Info: darkmaian23

darkmaian23
6 years ago#7
...I explained how it is used to your advantage. Use it to churn out difficult items or items that require obscure ingredients. As you get further into the game, you'll start to notice weapons, armor and accessories that require items that all need things that are difficult to make or that you may not have many of. Winged Boots come to mind immediately.

I think maybe you're putting too much thought into the Task Sheet. It isn't critical to the game, it is just there to help you out. If you aren't far enough in the game to have hard items for your team to make, just have everyone look for items. As far as I know, they won't bring back anything you can't get yourself so it is just a nice weekly boost to the ingredients you have.

There isn't anything more to it than that.

User Info: orius

orius
6 years ago#8
echa_One posted...
It worked for me. I got to duplicate Chocolate Robe way earlier before I can synthesis it freely. I obtained one 99% Choco from a job in the Resource Centre (from the boss using Jess' bag) and duplicated it for all the magic users. That's just one example out of many.

Arrg. You posted that just after I completed the job in question. Unfortunately, neither of the complete FAQs points this out in the job description or walkthrough. Gamecoder mentions the job, but it's buried in the bestiary.

I did some backup saves though, so it's not a complete loss.

Alltra posted...
I think the thing that annoys me about the Task Sheet, is that you really can't experiment freely with it.

It's one of those gameplay elements where you need to know what you're doing ahead of time or a strategy guide or something. GameCoder's FAQ has a list of some of the stuff you can get from searching. The times and difficulty for the synthed items aren't in the FAQs though, and apparently they might be affected by affection levels.
http://www.backloggery.com/orius

Alltra
6 years ago#9
The whole system just feels tacked on, it feels really disjointed, like it doesn't really belong to the game. It's just there, you can use it if you want to, but it really doesn't help or hinder you at all if you don't. It actually makes me kinda sad really, because if it had been implemented better it would make the game more enjoyable.

I know that everyone has preferences, and that the comment I just made is extremely biased and based on my own preferences. I just can't help but wonder how much more fun the game would have been if it was more like Breath of Fire IV's Faerie Search / BoF III's Copy Shop. It's not like you can really give me the whole "It's game breaking" excuse with this game either, because even with all the apparent steps they took, the game is still a cake walk with very little difficulty.

User Info: Corkadile

Corkadile
6 years ago#10
Except it almost is the copy shop and it can be extremely useful. I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived