You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
  3. Why is there an inverted castle...?

User Info: Cactrot

Cactrot
2 months ago#1
In fiction. I know why there's an inverted castle in the game: because it's rad, and it makes up half the game.

But why is there an inverted castle in the fiction? Is it also part of Castlevania? Is it a second Castlevania? Is it something Shaft created? Is it necessary to resurrecting Dracula?

The game doesn't address this or acknowledge that it's weird even a little bit and it's kind of a silly thing for everyone to just be chill with.
drexl235: wow....... not even achievements. whats the point

User Info: SpikeTbear

SpikeTbear
2 months ago#2
I think it's because the devs wanted to make a bigger game, but were running out of time/money/space, so they had to reuse assets. The story had to evolve to accommodate that. No worries, it's still an awesome game.
"The most important thing is to never stop questioning." -Albert Einstein.
Xbox Live: AlteraLateralus

User Info: Cactrot

Cactrot
1 month ago#3
So am I right in that the game never acknowledges the significance of a second, upside-down castle?

Nobody says it's part of Shaft's ritual, or something Castlevania (as in, the entity of chaos) does, or even acknowledges that it's just kind of weird that there's an identical, floating, upside down castle in the sky?

I know it's there for gameplay reasons, it's just weird that it's ignored narratively.
  1. Boards
  2. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
  3. Why is there an inverted castle...?