• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: SoraAMy

SoraAMy
9 years ago#11
You can catch a night showing, Magician99. I don't know much about celebs either, but RDJ is short. I recall Holmes to be rather tall (6 ft + some in). And skinny. The story will involve "black magic", so Idk how that's going to be played out since there was no magic in Conan Doyle's stories. And I'm sure he wanted it that way.

DCTP is working on a streaming video thingy? Meh DCTP is the only reliable subber for DC in English. Some subs and scanlations I get irked over. *Sigh* At least we get it faster than with FUNi.

Post your stuff on the other topic whenever you have time and whenever you feel appropriate. I'm not taking charge of this board. Yet. Hehe. Just want things to be a bit organized, and consolidated.

FINALS ARE OVER!!
my name should have been SoraMee...

SoraAMy
9 years ago#12
Ok, so I'm not seeing the movie with my friend. She's so against Robert Downing Jr as Holmes =(.

User Info: Magician99

Magician99
9 years ago#13
Ok, so I'm not seeing the movie with my friend. She's so against Robert Downing Jr as Holmes =(.

That's too bad, he was good for this role. In fact, if you'll allow me to review, my only complaint is the style of this movie. The characters are noticeable deviations from Arthur Conan Doyle's originals and it focused more on being flashy than being a mystery story: when Holmes started the grand deduction, I thought, "Oh yeah, there's a mystery that needs solving."

This movie is good for a movie fan, but not so good for a Sherlockian.
"I'll be filled with joy if he's still alive. Then, I can kill him again." - Gin

SoraAMy
9 years ago#14
Oh I see. Thanks, Magician99. I might see it New Year's.

SoraAMy
9 years ago#15
I did see SH, and I have to say it was better than I expected, but still not... great.

SoraAMy
9 years ago#16
It seems the public library hates me. Ever since I returned "The Sign of the Four" bc I didn't have time to read it, it's not at the library again for me to take it out now that I have the time to read it =(. And, I couldn't find the next 2 Kinda'ichi manga volumes. Grr.

User Info: Magician99

Magician99
9 years ago#17
Then try this:

http://www.yeoldelibrary.com/text/DoyleAC/signfour/index.htm

I haven't actually read through it on this site, so please tell me whether or not it works and/or suits your tastes. If it doesn't, I'll look elsewhere.

But yeah, that's the one reason I dislike libraries until I befriend the librarian, they hold nothing despite your hardest request. But like I said, befriend the librarian and books just happen to go missing and just happen to turn up once you show up.
"I'll be filled with joy if he's still alive. Then, I can kill him again." - Gin

SoraAMy
9 years ago#18
Ah thanks Magician99. Easier than me searching Google. I'm not a Google-person either, so I would get very frustrated at Google, tho it's not Google's fault.

SoraAMy
9 years ago#19
In terms of Funi's DVD releases of Case Closed, I was hoping to buy the individual DVDs. So far, I only have Case 1 Starter Set. Anyone know some place to get the other DVDs and Starter Sets for cheap?

SoraAMy
9 years ago#20
Just got "The Case Closed Casebook" from Anime Castle. Part of the Mysteries and Secrets Revealed! line of anime books. I bought it bc the authors use the original names (and bc AC didn't have "CLAMP School Detectives" volume 2 T.T). There were three mistakes iIrc, and the authors were inconsistent romanizing Touichi's name (his was the only one where the long vowel is spelled out).

I want a Detective Conan wallscroll! And a Magic Knight Rayearth one too. Anime Castle did not have either! They did have one of Castlevania, from "Castlevania Chronicles". But, me don't want that.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers