• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: SoraAMy

SoraAMy
9 years ago#11
Will they ever release the OVAs?
my name should have been SoraMee...

User Info: KyonKuchiki

KyonKuchiki
9 years ago#12
Doubt it, but maybe they will since they seemed quick to license the movies over getting rights to a sixth season. The OAVs would be more stand alone and less work for them to work with. Then again, Funi hasn't even released the Dragon Ball OAV, Plan to Eliminate the Saiyans, and DB was their bread and butter. Then again, they surprisingly released the Fullmetal Alchemist OAVs, so who knows?
Laharl: Or, do you want me to give human kids an addictive video game that will deprive them of their sleep?
(Laharl's evil plan)

SoraAMy
9 years ago#13
Dear goodness they'll never catch up! XD.

SoraAMy
9 years ago#14
I just saw episode 479 (I'm skipping around; watching Heiji episodes), and when Heiji meets Saguru in the lodge, he goes "n- de- dare a ne?"/"who's this?" But, Heiji met Saguru in the 10th movie ('The Private Eye's Requiem'), right? So, I was scratching my head at Heiji's comment/question. Anybody know why?
Dates for reference: Movie 10 came out 2006 April 15 and Episode 479 aired 2007 July 16.

(And what does the text on Saguru's cell phone around halfway thru say?)

User Info: Magician99

Magician99
9 years ago#15
Well, I haven't seen the episode in a long while, and my Japanese is okay at best, so I'll need a bit more time to get around to that, and even then I may not have an answer, so hopefully someone else will.

But as for Heiji and Saguru, that's a mistake I notice way too many people make, regardless of the number times someone tells them. The movies are not canon, therefore what happens in the movies has no bearing on the series. Meaning:
1.) Heiji never met Saguru until Detective Koushien
2.) Kogoro never won a Mustang
3.) KID has yet to announce he knows Conan's secret
4.) Sonoko has never changed her hair even slightly
5.) there is no BO member code named Irish
6.) none of the other stuff that happened in the movies and would make this post break character count, therefore won't be said here, ever happened.
The movies aren't even written by Aoyama and he has yet to acknowledge any of them in the manga (anime I can't say for sure, having not seen every anime original).
"I'll be filled with joy if he's still alive. Then, I can kill him again." - Gin

SoraAMy
9 years ago#16
Ah, so the theory in the back of my mind is moreorless proven. Well, Aoyama-san does approve of the movie scripts, right? It kind of just confuses things; not canon-izing the movies and OVAs. To uninformed folks like me. (And, you could have just said that Heiji doesn't know Saguru before Koushien. I would have gotten it thanks XD.) Thanks for the confirmation, Magician99.

The text on Saguru's phone is small, and my kanji vocab' is very limited.

SoraAMy
9 years ago#17
Uh problem: I found a clip from episode 396 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01CPXZHea4s), and uh Kid says "I'll reveal your identity" to Conan. I didn't get this far in the manga, so I don't know if this line is accurate. Is it possible that in anime canon, Kid does know Conan = Shin'ichi? But, then it just makes it all weird again. And we can't use movie things to prove any sort of point with the story/plot/character background.

Magician99
9 years ago#18
Okay, for starters, in that clip, only Conan talked about revealing identities, and he only talked about KID's, KID only said Conan would have no fun when he unmasks him if Conan finds out who KID is before that.

But yeah, that is a poor translation, it's a literal and unedited translation, which means the text can be a little confusing since two different languages almost never say the same thing the same way.
"I'll be filled with joy if he's still alive. Then, I can kill him again." - Gin

SoraAMy
9 years ago#19
I must have been half-asleep when that line came... Sorry.

Have you done translations, Magician99? (Curious.)

Magician99
9 years ago#20
Translations as in the kind DCTP does: no. Unfortunately, my non-English language skills are closer to poor than decent, and in all honesty my computer skills are even worse.

Translations as in learning the language: yes, but very few. Example:
Japanese: Namae wa nan desu ka?
English (equivalent): What is your name?
English (exact translation [so says the friend teaching me Japanese]): Name what is?

Nine out of ten times, if subs have poor grammar, the poor grammar is a result of the person using a Japanese to English dictionary or a similar item/program to get an exact translation, and they almost never edit it even slightly. As for my own confidence that the translator for this clip isn't that one time: that's the result of the friend.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers