• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: LinkPizza0789

LinkPizza0789
10 years ago#1
I really liked the show & have all 5 seasons. I know Funimation has been showing re-runs of the first 5 seasons, but do you know if they'll be showing episodes from seasons 6+? That would be awesome, since I'm also waiting for the rest of the seasons on DVD. It'll probably take a while since there's so many & they're still going.

User Info: KyonKuchiki

KyonKuchiki
10 years ago#2
They don't have the rights to season 6 yet, but they're supposed to release movies 3-6 soon.
Laharl: Or, do you want me to give human kids an addictive video game that will deprive them of their sleep?
(Laharl's evil plan)

User Info: SoraAMy

SoraAMy
10 years ago#3
You mean reruns on CN's Adult Swim (in the US at least)? I don't watch CN. I barely watch TV, but I thought only up to season 4 was shown on TV. That explains why the last opening and ending didn't have English vocals on the English track of the DVDs (the opening was "Unmei no Roulette Mawash-te" and the ending "Negai goto Hitotsu dake").

Idk who is preventing this series from being taken seriously in NA (or just the US), but I'm sorely disappointed at the delays (and other things, but not going to rant that here). I guess I should be happy that they are releasing it here eventually, and not all at the same time so that I don't have to spend a lot of money at once. Sigh.

Still waiting for this game to make to the US.
my name should have been SoraMee...

User Info: ninjamike126

ninjamike126
9 years ago#4
The reason why the show isn't being dubbed as frequently as some of the other anime Funimation has the rights to is because the show isn't popular enough. And the show isn't popular enough because it never really got a chance when it was on TV. Always on abysmal time slots.

Sure it's being aired now on the Funimation channel, but anybody with basic cable is missing out.
Every day I think people can't get any dumber, and every day I'm proven horribly wrong.

User Info: LinkPizza0789

LinkPizza0789
9 years ago#5
That's true. It should have gotten an earlier time slot. I didn't even know it was a show until I woke up too early one day & saw it. And I have the first 3 movies. And the 4th on the way. And the 5th pre-ordered, but I didn't know there was a number 6.

SoraAMy
9 years ago#6
Yup Movie 6 is lined up to be released!
http://www.amazon.com/Case-Closed-Phantom-Baker-Street/dp/B002Y0KR5C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1261613748&sr=1-1
According to Amazon, it's Feb 16, 2010.

SoraAMy
9 years ago#7
Got some trivia questions about the series:

1) Was wondering if the police detectives (Takagi, Shiratori, Satou, etc.) appeared in the anime first, or if they appeared in the manga first but given names in the anime?

2) What rank are Takagi, Satou, Chiba? I know Shiratori is a 'keibu' like Megure, so does that make them equals in the police department? If so, does that mean Shiratori can be a captain of a section too?

SoraAMy
9 years ago#8
*Sniff* No one's going to answer my questions? Or, am I annoying? Heh, just kidding guys >.>.

User Info: Magician99

Magician99
9 years ago#9
1) Was wondering if the police detectives (Takagi, Shiratori, Satou, etc.) appeared in the anime first, or if they appeared in the manga first but given names in the anime?

With the exception of Shiratori and Chiba, they all first appeared and got named in the manga, then were carried over to the anime. Shiratori first got named, and in fact first appeared, in Movie 1 The Time-bombed Skyscraper and was later carried over from the movies to the manga. The same applies for Chiba except:
1.) He appeared and got named in Movie 4 Captured in Her Eyes.
2.) I'm not sure if they gave him a first name at that point or if he got it when they carried him over to the manga.

2) What rank are Takagi, Satou, Chiba? I know Shiratori is a 'keibu' like Megure, so does that make them equals in the police department? If so, does that mean Shiratori can be a captain of a section too?

Actually, Takagi, Satou, Chiba, and (until recently) Yamamura are all "keiji," Yamamura recently got promoted to "keibu." And yes, when Shiratori was transferred over to the manga, he got a promotion and, therefore, is now equal in rank to Megure. Therefore, as far as I can see, the hierarchy for the Tokyo police, from the top and only sticking to the homicide division (which I believe is Division 1, but I'm not 100% sure), is:

Kiyonaga Matsumoto
Ninzaburo Shiratori & Juzo Megure
Wataru Takagi, Miwako Sato, & Isshin Chiba
"I'll be filled with joy if he's still alive. Then, I can kill him again." - Gin

SoraAMy
9 years ago#10
Thanks Magician99. My friend brought it up, and I was wondering myself. Hrm.

Now, time to ask questions about Oosaka department! Hehe.

1) Is Heizo Hattori the head of the Oosaka Police Department? Or of Section 1?

2) Is Tooyama (Kazuha's father) only a keiji in Section 1?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers