• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: KyonKuchiki

KyonKuchiki
9 years ago#61
The ROD movie was good, the series that followed on the other hand...
Laharl: Or, do you want me to give human kids an addictive video game that will deprive them of their sleep?
(Laharl's evil plan)

User Info: SoraAMy

SoraAMy
9 years ago#62
You mean the OVA series? I got that for my ex-friend for b-day. Someone at the SW mbs suggested I watch R.O.D. since I like the SW/ST anime.

I know this is going back to an old topic here, but I found out that in other languages, Conan does not have a serious voice and thinks in Shin'. So, it is not limited to Case Closed. Hrm...
my name should have been SoraMee...

User Info: thelastgogeta

thelastgogeta
9 years ago#63
I know this is going back to an old topic here, but I found out that in other languages, Conan does not have a serious voice and thinks in Shin'. So, it is not limited to Case Closed. Hrm...

Well that doesn't really matter as such.
The manga canon is naturally the manga in Japan.
The anime canon is naturally the anime in Japan.
And chances are, the (original) anime can influence the progression of the manga.

It may be characters, colouring choices, music and scripting and all.
Get, Play The Undersold Triforce: Z+W, NMH, Okami!
PM of the SSR Board + Ninja of SATBK/SATFS forever

KyonKuchiki
9 years ago#64
There's two canons as far as I"m concerned.
Manga canon which is just the Aoyomo-verse with Phantom Kid.
Anime Canon with filler, movies, Aoyomo-verse (Phantom Kid) and... Lupin III, yay!

Just finished watching third movie, yeah, I can honestly say, Funi's doing better, they actually acknowledge the gang's in Tokyo, and that Harley Hartwell's in Osaka. I hope if they ever start on season six, they give it the same treatment they've given movies 3-6.
Laharl: Or, do you want me to give human kids an addictive video game that will deprive them of their sleep?
(Laharl's evil plan)

User Info: thelastgogeta

thelastgogeta
9 years ago#65
There's two canons as far as I"m concerned.
Manga canon which is just the Aoyomo-verse with Phantom Kid.
Anime Canon with filler, movies, Aoyomo-verse (Phantom Kid) and... Lupin III, yay!

Of course, this applies to other series as well...
Besides the typos... Aoyama... >:/
Lupin III as it is another series shouldn't be canon however even to the anime. The anime shouldn't like to re-reference crossovers and sorts like that. Filler is usually not reused and left to dry as well...
It would be like saying Dragon Ball is in the same world as One Piece, sure there were some crossovers animated and mangamated... but it won't be referenced again and is merely a special feature of sorts.

Just finished watching third movie, yeah, I can honestly say, Funi's doing better, they actually acknowledge the gang's in Tokyo, and that Harley Hartwell's in Osaka. I hope if they ever start on season six, they give it the same treatment they've given movies 3-6.

So they changed to Japan just now? ¬____¬
With the actual episodes, they probably won't ever change if they have haven't. :/
Get, Play The Undersold Triforce: Z+W, NMH, Okami!
PM of the SSR Board + Ninja of SATBK/SATFS forever

KyonKuchiki
9 years ago#66
It's possible though. Despite only seasons 1 and 2 airing on adult swim, they had 3-5 dubbed as well that they just waited on releasing as well as movies 1 and 2. Movies 3-6 were a recent acquisition that they scripted and dubbed fresh, so one could argue that if they get season 6 licensed, they'd do the same localization quality they gave movies 3-6 which will be a good thing.

Finally watched movie 6 as well. I'd say movie 6 was the weakest of the four movies released recently (as a movie, not judging localization... yet) but all four were leagues above movies 1-2.

My earlier statements about Brina Palencia... I don't know if she started growing into her role as Vi genuinely, or if I'm just getting used to her, but definitely her portrayal in movie six was a lot better than when I originally heard her in movie four. She finally withdrew her voice a bit to give Vi a little more of a soft-spoken quality. So now I don't mind her anymore.

I know Lupin III technically shouldn't count, especially since that crossover movie counted as Lupin's yearly special as opposed to a conan OAV / movie, or a separate special where lupin and conan would still have their individual thing. Lupin movies especially have a habit of not having continuity, even between each other. I can dream though... Have a Phantom Kid / Lupin III / Detective Conan crossover special next time, assuming there is one.
(Laharl's evil plan)

SoraAMy
9 years ago#67
@Guardian452: When you said "hey had 3-5 dubbed as well that they just waited on releasing", are you saying these seasons of Case Closed were waiting to be aired (if CC had continued on Adult Swim), and thus had the script take place in the US? So, in a sense of "true dub" (taking place in the US) and "dub true" (taking place in Japan), seasons 1-5 and movies 1+2 are the former while seasons 6+ and movies 3-6+ are the latter.

I'm actually waiting for a "Heiji vs. Kid" show so that I can see how well Heiji stacks up to Kid by himself. Tho, it would be cool if Lupin III and Kid go after the same gem (bc Kid only goes after jewels) and Conan shows up to stop them.

KyonKuchiki
9 years ago#68
Yeah, 3-5 were ready to air on adult swim too, had they wanted to air more Case Closed. Seasons 1-5 and Movies 1-2 were dubbed around the same time, which would've been in 2004 / 2005. Movies 3-6 were localized and dubbed only recently as of 2009 / 2010.
(Laharl's evil plan)

SoraAMy
9 years ago#69
I want to know what the "Conan vs Kinda'ichi" game is about.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers