• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Magician99

Magician99
10 years ago#21
The guestbook clue is a bit shaky, don't you think?

Not really, not when you have a Jin Kurosawa right next to it. Jin, which can mean gin, and Kurosawa, which means black swamp, so the idea that this black, alcohol related name could in fact belong to Gin is quite popular. Then when you consider the vast knowledge he has of Sherry, vast enough to predict her every move and identify her strands of hair, then this isn't too farfetched an idea. Granted, only the fans can really get that much, but it does hold a good bit of water.
"I'll be filled with joy if he's still alive. Then, I can kill him again." - Gin

User Info: KyonKuchiki

KyonKuchiki
9 years ago#22
So any of you guys see the 9th OAV where the Detective Boys are grown up, or the Lupin vs Conan movie? Wouldn't mind seeing another one of those movies, and it's kinda funny since that crossover works on the localization side of things as well, seeing as how Funimation deals with Conan and Lupin. I doubt we'll ever see it happen, but it's a small possibility. After such a long run, I'm glad the Aoyoma can keep coming up with fresh material, and yet at the same time, if they told him to end it, he can as well.
Laharl: Or, do you want me to give human kids an addictive video game that will deprive them of their sleep?
(Laharl's evil plan)

User Info: SoraAMy

SoraAMy
9 years ago#23
@AmyChao: I'm more disappointed in the writers/adaptors. I dislike the name changes. The voices not so much.

@Magician99: What you said makes sense. Though, I'm still iffy about it. But, it's our opinions, ne? I hope you don't take offense that you couldn't convince me. There was a fight over something like this on another MB I'm part of recently, so I'm a bit scared of how you feel. Sorry. And thanks for reminding me. Apparently, I'm a bit scattered to put all that together.

@Guardian452: Have you played/seen the latest DC DS game with Kinda'ichi? I've heard a bit of Kin' and watched more, and the cases are like DC. Though, the characters aren't as interesting or likable as DC. I hope they make a TV special with Kinda'ichi.
my name should have been SoraMee...

SoraAMy
9 years ago#24
Ah, sorry! I meant I've read a volume of Kinda'ichi and I've seen 7? episodes of the anime.

And trivia from WIkipedia: Kappei Yamaguchi is the voice of Kinda'ichi in the first Kinda'ichi movie!

SoraAMy
9 years ago#25
Wow, three in a row for me. Must be a personal first.

Anyway, I was always bothered by how many names Kazuha is known by in official English media. There's Katie Thomas (my personal, Westernized, preferred), Kazuha Toyama (yes, the manga didn't change it), Katrina Tolliver (my "wth" favorite), and Kirsten Thomas (er, I don't like "Kirsten"). As I would have preferred Kazuha Toyama, but as everyone else's name is changed, I thought "Katie Thomas" would be a perfect fit (I actually thought of this before finding out they used it in the Card Game).

KyonKuchiki
9 years ago#26
What do you think of Kogoro/RIchard's new jap voice? I just watched his premiere episode, I think the old one was better, but the new guy adapts the same tone the english one does, and as for my opinion on his eng voice, it's different, but it works since it plays out his comical side more, while the old jap plays his serious side more. I heard the new guy gets better though as episodes keep going.
Laharl: Or, do you want me to give human kids an addictive video game that will deprive them of their sleep?
(Laharl's evil plan)

SoraAMy
9 years ago#27
I haven't watched the latest eps with the "new" Kogorou.

Actually, I'm working my way thru Heiji eps. Sigh I don't have time to watch too much. Too many hour+ specials. Sigh.

Let's reserve this topic for dub bashing. The title is perfect XD.

User Info: Amy Chao

Amy Chao
9 years ago#28
So how are the movie 3 and 4 dubs huh?
:P Currently waiting for One Piece Season 2 First Voyage(AKA Whiskey Peak arc) with New Funimation Voice cast- JUNE 2009 :P

KyonKuchiki
9 years ago#29
I'll tell you when I get it, I ordered it a few days ago on ebay, again, like I said earlier, looking forward to hearing Brina Palencia's Ai Haibara.

What I'm kind of curious about is... what would Kudo think of the new Sherlock Holmes movie?
(Laharl's evil plan)

SoraAMy
9 years ago#30
Guardian, you can hear Anita on YT thru this game's walkthru video by NintendoWiiHD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYO3oFfIsbI). She sounds pretty appropriate, but not exactly like Ai.

Idt Shin'ichi would like this movie. I have yet to see it myself, but I was disappointed about some things I heard while keeping track of its progress. Like the black magic and the uber-sexified version of Irene Adler. And that Holmes is too short.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers