• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: SoraAMy

SoraAMy
10 years ago#11
Yea Conan (Eng) doesn't have a "serious" voice.

I don't know who Brina Palencia is. Sorry.
my name should have been SoraMee...

SoraAMy
10 years ago#12
So, I decided to actually watch 'The Mirapolis Investigation' walkthru on YouTube (YT), and it's dizzying @.@ -(ara~). The voices are the same ones as the dub (not "new" ones, which Wikipedia erroneously lists). Not too many details about what to do next are available (fail). As I like adventure games, this may not be too much of a problem for me (patience). I do like Anita's voice, tho, I find it a bit too mature (but that's her charm <3).

So, I am assuming Anita isn't going to have a "serious" voice like the original. I wonder what Shiho's dub name will be...

And, bc I'm stupid (_._), where/when do we find out Ai's real name? I'm pretty sure Shin'ichi/Conan doesn't find out (as per the second dorama).

User Info: KyonKuchiki

KyonKuchiki
10 years ago#13
Couple examples off the top of my head for Brina Palencia, Eve in Black Cat, and Yue Ayase in Negima. Both of those are young girls with serious voices (and can still be feminine when they need to), which is why I think out of the Funimation VAs, she was the perfect choice for Ai Haibara.
Laharl: Or, do you want me to give human kids an addictive video game that will deprive them of their sleep?
(Laharl's evil plan)

KyonKuchiki
10 years ago#14
As for dub Conan's serious voice, ya, it comes off as a little kid chastising an adult, and I'd laugh at him if I were the criminal he was talking to. The sub on the other hand, geez, for Mina Takanami being such a good female singer (remembers Two-Mix and Gundam Wing) I'm surprised she can get her voice freakishly low as well. She does sound a lot like a dude when she's serious Conan, and the subs could easily trick me into thinkin that Shinichi voices serious Conan and his thoughts. Again though, I'm glad they use Jimmy's voice for Conan's thought processes.
Laharl: Or, do you want me to give human kids an addictive video game that will deprive them of their sleep?
(Laharl's evil plan)

SoraAMy
10 years ago#15
Her name's Minami Takayama, btw =).

If you want to hear Kappei Yamaguchi (Shin'ichi) as a little kid, I suggest you watch Jp episode 472-3. It sounds like he does young Kaito's voice (the kid who calls Yukiko "pretty old lady", in case you didn't know, like my friend who still doesn't >.>).

User Info: Magician99

Magician99
10 years ago#16
And, bc I'm stupid (_._), where/when do we find out Ai's real name? I'm pretty sure Shin'ichi/Conan doesn't find out (as per the second dorama).

Initially, I honestly think he had just been guessing since the mermaid case, when he found out a Shiho Miyano had entered to win a mermaid hair arrow in the mermaid case. If you don't remember:

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/detective_conan/v28/c008/12.html

However, it was known for sure, even by him, when he heard a cassette recording Elena made that Akemi hid for her in their father's old lab, the one he used before he joined the Organization.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/detective_conan/v42/c001/17.html

Ai's real first name is Shiho, her family name is Miyano: Shiho Miyano. If I can put that together, Conan can with ease.
"I'll be filled with joy if he's still alive. Then, I can kill him again." - Gin

KyonKuchiki
10 years ago#17
Heh, ya... Minami... knew Mina didn't sound quite right, oh well
(Laharl's evil plan)

SoraAMy
10 years ago#18
Thanks, Magician99. I guess Shin' knew Miyano must have been Ai's real last name, from "Masami" or Akemi Miyano. Then, Ai says "you couldn't save my sister" in the next case. Then, he finds a "Shiho Miyano" in the guestbook in another case. Then, from the tapes much later on. The guestbook clue is a bit shaky, don't you think? Oh well, we know now.

Should we try to keep this board alive?

User Info: Amy Chao

Amy Chao
10 years ago#19
keep it alive. So I take it Hardcore Detective Conan fans are "dissapointed" with the English dub huh.
:P Currently waiting for One Piece Season 2 First Voyage(AKA Whiskey Peak arc) with New Funimation Voice cast- JUNE 2009 :P

KyonKuchiki
10 years ago#20
I'm not disappointed, I like the eng dub.
(Laharl's evil plan)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers