• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: thelastgogeta

thelastgogeta
10 years ago#11
We missed the fact nintendo gets very little money. It's not their game, they didn't publish or develop it. So you are only giving money to whoever published it. And freeloader is illegal as far as nintendo is concered.

That is why I said Nintendo and other teams.
Nintendo gets a relatively small amount, the rest to the developer and publisher.
FreeLoader is NOT illegal per se.

Buy it twice is stupid imo. 1. because you have to hack the wii in some way 2. the save data isn't compatible 3. and what good will having 2 copies be?

Buying it after downloading it is even more stupid imo... >_>

1) You don't need to hack it at all. FreeLoader doesn't break the warranty rules.
2) The save data doesn't need to be compatiable to be worth a buy, the second release could have more characters (TvC for example), Online (WLG and TvC) and so on. Besides having other features. And starting over is part of the fun. :P
3) You will know that if there is a sequel, they will make sure to send to a country which actually had the anime run on Television for a start... As far as I know only Germany and France in Europe had this anime though being British, I am getting the game just as I watched 36 episodes and read 530ish chapters.
Get, Play The Undersold Triforce: Z+W, NMH, Okami!
PM of the SSR Board + Ninja of SATBK/SATFS forever

User Info: Omnislash28027

Omnislash28027
10 years ago#12
You said other teams involved to getting every penny, which is untrue with a marked up import. After that you only referred to Nintendo itself getting the money.

1. Nintendo views Freeloader as an illegal modification to your system as it circumvents the region lock on the console. They even released an update that prevented an earlier version of a Freeloader from working and said "If your Wii console has an unauthorized technical modification, this upgrade could cause inoperability of your console." That was in response to someone asking why Freeloader didn't work after the update. Freeloader is not an officially licensed Nintendo product so Nintendo does not endorse it.

2. I have no idea what game WLG is but do you honestly think a small release like this will have extra features? Also, save data is VERY important to some people. Some never get rid of it, some delete it every day and always start fresh. Many people wouldn't like playing a PAL game for 6 months only to find out the official copy they buy doesn't work with their save data.

3. This is the first official Case Closed game. Out of how many Detective Conan ones? Case Closed has been in America and other countries for years. Many didn't know this game even existed, let alone for some reason it was getting an English release. Unless you check often, news like this for this kind of title can easily pass by.

Freeloader is a 100% illegal software as it circumvents region lock. This is a fact. Just because it is a soft mod and may work on the Wii now again doesn't mean Nintendo can't, or hasn't before, lock it out because they don't endorse or approve it.
PSN: TheHeartlessHero
F@H Team: 80269

User Info: Strain42

Strain42
10 years ago#13
According to Wikipedia it's coming out December 31st 2009

But I don't really trust them until I hear official word elsewhere.

Just throwin' that out there
Don't forget to check out my SMT related webcomics at http://user.drunkduck.com/Strain42

User Info: thelastgogeta

thelastgogeta
10 years ago#14
You said other teams involved to getting every penny, which is untrue with a marked up import. After that you only referred to Nintendo itself getting the money.

I meant that they still should get the money from the copy sold.
The only negative is that the price is marked up, but being a fan, you should be much to pay that much. Nintendo, I have assumed have money to gain from the release of titles. I recall them charging per game in the old days. Not sure how it works now.

1. Nintendo views Freeloader as an illegal modification to your system as it circumvents the region lock on the console. They even released an update that prevented an earlier version of a Freeloader from working and said "If your Wii console has an unauthorized technical modification, this upgrade could cause inoperability of your console." That was in response to someone asking why Freeloader didn't work after the update. Freeloader is not an officially licensed Nintendo product so Nintendo does not endorse it.

They had that to target Twilight Hack in particular.
As they can't patch the game but can target the saves involved.
It doesn't modify anything on the console at all, it merely tricks the Wii if anything.

2. I have no idea what game WLG is but do you honestly think a small release like this will have extra features? Also, save data is VERY important to some people. Some never get rid of it, some delete it every day and always start fresh. Many people wouldn't like playing a PAL game for 6 months only to find out the official copy they buy doesn't work with their save data.

We Love Golf.
Save data in a game like this is quite disposable, I was pleased to see my Apollo Justice glitched and deleted my data for some reason (only to see it returned). It gives you the chance to play a game without the story being revealed on the menu.

3. This is the first official Case Closed game. Out of how many Detective Conan ones? Case Closed has been in America and other countries for years. Many didn't know this game even existed, let alone for some reason it was getting an English release. Unless you check often, news like this for this kind of title can easily pass by.

Freeloader is a 100% illegal software as it circumvents region lock. This is a fact. Just because it is a soft mod and may work on the Wii now again doesn't mean Nintendo can't, or hasn't before, lock it out because they don't endorse or approve it.

It is simply not supported by Nintendo. NOT ILLEGAL.
If it was "illegal", I would assume they would have ripped apart the company and the purchasers a long time ago for being willing to make money and grant the consumers a chance to spend MORE money on their products.

Not being supported =/= Illegal.

Now, R4DS, that is not supported as well.
That however is now became "illegal" as one of the key features lets consumers play downloaded games which are officially in stores and took effort and money to produce.

According to Wikipedia it's coming out December 31st 2009

But I don't really trust them until I hear official word elsewhere.

Just throwin' that out there

Pointless.
Any date that is at the end of a month is a placeholder and is better ignored.
Get, Play The Undersold Triforce: Z+W, NMH, Okami!
PM of the SSR Board + Ninja of SATBK/SATFS forever
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers