• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Case Closed: One Truth Prevails - The Mirapolis Investigation
  3. So this game is coming out in Europe next month :D

User Info: thelastgogeta

thelastgogeta
10 years ago#1
Even though it was never on TV... Sounds stupid but it is fun to laugh at you americans being second... or never getting it.

Still can someone confirm whether it is the same game as the JPN version.
I hate censorship and can barely endure the dub (it is things like the generic professor voice for Agasa and Funimation renaming characters which makes it lame).
Get, Play The Undersold Triforce: Z+W, NMH, Okami!
PM of the SSR Board + Ninja of SATBK/SATFS forever

User Info: Amy Chao

Amy Chao
10 years ago#2
I liked the german "Dr." Agasa ):
:P Currently waiting for One Piece Season 2 First Voyage(AKA Whiskey Peak arc) with New Funimation Voice cast- JUNE 2009 :P

thelastgogeta
10 years ago#3
I don't... >_>
It feels very tasteless when an anime SET in Japan, has characters deal in DOLLARS (this one is fine) with scientists which follow the American stereotype of a Scientist... German/Russian...

And... Conan Edogawa >> Shinichi Kudo >>> Jimmy Kudo.
I don't like renames... it isn't Funimation's behaviour.

But why am I whining... >_>
Does anyone know whether the plot is the same or whether JPN VAs are avaliable.

thelastgogeta
10 years ago#4
So it released and has JPN voices... Under £20?
Good. :D

I'll be buying it very soon... does anyone know whether it spoils after Chapter 377?
It is a effectively a two year old game (Japanwise) and hence the game may have covered the cases I am starting or have references... Does anyone know whether these are all original or not...

thelastgogeta
10 years ago#5
>_>

I just found out it spoils alright.
I watched the intro and saw a new gadget.
I saw the gadget in the manga first at 380... so... I presume this is well ahead of me, assuming the manga was well ahead and the order wasn't juggle ****ed.

User Info: ninja_girl232

ninja_girl232
10 years ago#6
"And... Conan Edogawa >> Shinichi Kudo >>> Jimmy Kudo.
I don't like renames... it isn't Funimation's behaviour. "

I know what you mean but you also have to remember this a very old series and back then all the dubs sucked pretty bad. Everyone thought that if the characters had Japanese names no one would watch the show which is for the most part plausible.
92% of Teens listen to rap music. If you're part of the the other 8% who still listen to real music, add this to your signature
Ace Attorney -The Wright way

thelastgogeta
10 years ago#7
I know what you mean but you also have to remember this a very old series and back then all the dubs sucked pretty bad. Everyone thought that if the characters had Japanese names no one would watch the show which is for the most part plausible.

This series started as an anime in the mid 90s... 1996. That isn't old... heck it can't even be called a classic considering how recent it is... then the dub was put up in 2004... >_>
Come on, Funimation had a reputation for NOT screwing up the dubs... And mind, it is fine but they didn't make Goku... Zero, Korin... Whiskers the Wonder Cat and the worse they did to a JPN themed name was Kuririn to Krillin... mind one of the few name changes where people prefer the dub.

Shinichi could be Shinchi (Look I cut off awkward syllables like Kuririn)... or just plain Shinichi.
In One Piece, they have been good similarly to DBZ I guess... so their job at "Case Closed" as they have it is disappointing. :/

User Info: ninja_girl232

ninja_girl232
10 years ago#8
I guess I consider it old 'cause 1996 is a year after I was born. You're right Funimation is known for their good dubs. They are my favourite dub company. And I can definetly see you're point the only good thing about the dub is the voice actors. Just familar names I guess.
92% of Teens listen to rap music. If you're part of the the other 8% who still listen to real music, add this to your signature
Ace Attorney -The Wright way

thelastgogeta
10 years ago#9
I guess I consider it old 'cause 1996 is a year after I was born. You're right Funimation is known for their good dubs. They are my favourite dub company. And I can definetly see you're point the only good thing about the dub is the voice actors. Just familar names I guess.

:/
It isn't "old" when we consider that the dub was done 2004... >_>
Same, I guess they are my favourite dub company as well but there isn't just the voices good about the dub... the music. Funimation have a talent for getting original soundtracks which are fitting or keeping the old ones and adding in English voices into the instrumentals... Basically they never fail the soundtrack either.

On the point of voices, I have a few issues... The "old lady" in the first case (Kogoro gets in six months - Episode 2) sounds young... not even like a 50 year old "young"... sounds like a generic 2_ year old... >_>. Besides that Agasa's german attempt...

I wonder how they kept the storyline... as it is set in Japan yet everyone speaks in English (Dub duh... obviously you silly Gogeta) then a professor set in that country speaks with a distinctly German stereotypical tone.

User Info: Amy Chao

Amy Chao
10 years ago#10
But FUNi was forced to change the names. It wasent like they had a choice I think.
:P Currently waiting for One Piece Season 2 First Voyage(AKA Whiskey Peak arc) with New Funimation Voice cast- JUNE 2009 :P
  1. Boards
  2. Case Closed: One Truth Prevails - The Mirapolis Investigation
  3. So this game is coming out in Europe next month :D
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers