• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Magician99

Magician99
10 years ago#21
One last add on, it seems the Kazuha matter will be closed before long. FUNimation is whipping out boxsets of CC, they release the Season 4 in 4 days. The Season 1 was only released last July, maybe August. If the trend continues, we'll have Season 5, the one with Kazuha's first episode, in April, with movie 3 following close behind.
"If you're in college and not drinking beer, you're doing it wrong." - Bill Maher
To those I call "friend" my boards=574751 & 936280

User Info: Arti

Arti
10 years ago#22
Case Closed season 5 isn't coming out until late May, actually : http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthread.php?t=90948

Also, for all the dub names, here : http://community.funimation.com/fb.aspx?m=101827
The Legendary Bird of the AC Trading Board

Magician99
10 years ago#23
^Unless that's an official release from FUNimation in regards to the anime (if it said, I'd like to say I only skimmed), I still see Katie as a possibility.

Also, I said if it keeps the trend, plus, cut me some slack, I couldn't remember when the Season 1 box set was released. All things considered, I'd say it was a solid guess and I wasn't THAT far off.
"If you're in college and not drinking beer, you're doing it wrong." - Bill Maher

User Info: Ddaannyy181

Ddaannyy181
10 years ago#24
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Case_Closed:_The_Mirapolis_Investigation

On the Wikipedia page, it says it's scheduled for a Q4 2009 release in NA.
"I just open my DSi, take my dump inside of it, close it, then go back to playing on my Phat. Life is good." - FridgeBeard

User Info: keyblader1985

keyblader1985
10 years ago#25
Hey, does anyone here have the latest season that went on sale last week? I want to know how badly they skewed ZARD's opening, "Unmei no Roulette o Mawash*te." (damn censor bypassing)

I hope it's not too bad; she is (or was, in any case) my favorite Japanese singer.
i154.photobucket.com/albums/s277/keyblader1985/GameFAQs/keyblader1985.jpg
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai

Arti
10 years ago#26
The Japanese opening was left in, it was not dubbed. The only thing that changed is the song is slightly off-sync with the video.

User Info: keyblader1985

keyblader1985
10 years ago#27
Seriously?

Holy mother of God, that's a huge step for Case Closed. There may be hope for them yet.
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s277/keyblader1985/sora.gif
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. ~ Oscar Wilde

User Info: SoraAMy

SoraAMy
10 years ago#28
> Holy mother of God, that's a huge step for Case Closed. There may be hope for them yet.
Wasn't "Feel Your Heart" also left "intact" on the DVDs? Well, it must have been, since they DVDs are uncut... They better, at least for the Japanese language track.

I don't see why CC character names were changed, if the Japanese names were used for the English dubs of "Yu Yu Hakusho" and "Rurouni Kenshin".

I would say YYH and RK were on Toonami b/c they were "bloodless", but, as far I as I could tell, the blood was left in, or changed to "mud". It's been a while since I saw RK on Toonami...

Adult Swim does seem to cater to soft-core and action-junkies.
my name should have been SoraMee...

Magician99
10 years ago#29
Yu Yu Hakusho was either a teenagers' or family minus younger kids' series and Rurouni Kenshin was centered around Japan and its history.

Since the turn of the century, animes that are family minus older kids' and up and haven't already had an older version dubbed have kept the original names, series that are family and lower get new names, most of the time anyway (Conan Edogawa remained Conan Edogawa). Conan was a family series, and was treated as such in the dub.

Since the whole series of Kenshin was rooted in the history of Japan, in particular the samurai, the Meiji Restoration, and the Meiji Period, it makes more sense to keep the same names.

And for Kenshin, there were a LOT of filler episodes since there were a LOT of episodes that weren't aired, yet I believe every original episode of Yu Yu Hakusho was aired on Toonami until Toonami itself was put on hiatus. Given the context of the two series, the only plausible reason Kenshin got the fillers was because its violence is more imitatable.
"If you're phone can fart, you're part of the problem." - Bill Maher

Arti
10 years ago#30
Wasn't "Feel Your Heart" also left "intact" on the DVDs?

Feel Your Heart has been skipped as an opening in every dub (probably due to licensing issues), not just the English one. So no, it wasn't on the DVDs, not even on the Japanese track.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers