• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Left 4 Dead
  3. Having some stability issues

User Info: thebloodybaron

thebloodybaron
11 years ago#1
I got this game yesterday, installed it on XP SP2 without a hitch, and completed the first chapter of 'No Mercy' without issues.

Then today, when I started chapter 2, the game closed to desktop after ~15 minutes of game play. It didn't close alright either, the wallpaper of my desktop was replaced with the scene from the game when it crashed. Thinking it to be a random crash, I restarted the game, but again, ~10 minutes in, the game crashed and this time, I had to reset the computer as even Ctrl+Alt+Del failed to recover it (I assume that it opened up since the mouse cursor was active on a portion of the screen, but it failed to be visible on the screen).

Then I started the game for the third time, and yet again! The game crashed and the classic Windows error box popped up saying "Left 4 Dead has encountered an error and needs to be closed"

So what's the deal here? I have overclocked my gfx card, but I doubt that has anything to do with this since a problem with that would result in all the gfx card speed going back to default automatically.
  1. Boards
  2. Left 4 Dead
  3. Having some stability issues
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Dead Air Finale Glitchjimgrimm311/11 5:47PM

GameFAQs Q&A