• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
  3. How does RNG work with poaching monsters?

User Info: R1SKbreaker

R1SKbreaker
4 weeks ago#1
I have a Greater Hydra that I've been trying to poach for a rubber suit. I know it's the rare poach at a 1/8 rate of appearing. After a failed attempt I would reload my game and try another battle. Is the poached result tied to the monster upon him hatching, or is it random when you poach him in battle? Do I just have abysmal luck?

R1SKbreaker
3 weeks ago#2
To answer my own question, poaching results are only determined upon killing the monster. It just took me like god damn 40 tries. RNG gods hate me in this game.

User Info: wpot

wpot
3 weeks ago#3
Yes, it's determined at the time of the poach...as you already figured out. It would be much easier if it was determined after the first visit to the shop, but no.
Pronounced "Whup-pot". Say it. Use it.

R1SKbreaker
3 weeks ago#4
The way to do it is to have multiple monsters ready to poach, giving you more chances to get what you want. Unfortunately I didn't worry about poaching until endgame before the Deep Dungeon and final string of battles, so the only free spots I have is the spot for Byblos and the Behemoth I have yet to recruit.

There were 2 other poaches I wanted to get since the Greater Hydra, first one took about 8 tries which is reasonable, and the other was first try! After I get a few more Ribbons (common poach thank god) I'm going to recruit Behemoth and also do one more rare poach, then I can get back on with playing the dang game.

User Info: Angelalex242

Angelalex242
3 weeks ago#5
I managed to recruit the pig in chapter 2. I've been breeding it and poaching it ever since. Ribbons for every female! All of them! Chantage too.
There is a fine line between genius and insanity.
Which side am I on? You decide. (Name is split Angel Alex 242)
(edited 3 weeks ago)

R1SKbreaker
3 weeks ago#6
Where did you recruit the pig? Poaching what you can as soon as you can is definitely what I would recommend players. I recruited a hydra as soon as I could. I guess if I did that quest first before filling out the last couple spots would have been ideal.

User Info: sano83

sano83
3 weeks ago#7
R1SKbreaker posted...
Where did you recruit the pig?
The earliest that you can recruit the Pig is in Zigolis Swamp mission, while Mustadio is a guest character, you get attacked by several undead. There is a chance that a Pig would show up.
There can be only one, and it is only in the mandatory mission, so if you kill it there or it doesn't show up, and you did not save before, you will have to wait until there is another chance to find it.

Angelalex242 posted...
Ribbons for every female! All of them! Chantage too.
Cachusha, Barette and Ribbon are "Hair Adornments" that can be only wear by female human units and Onion Knights (whatever the gender they are).
Female Monks, that usually can not wear anything on the head slot, can wear them (so if a monk and a female monk have the same stats, a female monk will be better because can use those items).
The four perfumes (Cherche, Sortilege, Chantage and Septieme) and the Tynar Rouge is also Female Only.

Cloud can also wear Ribbons, but I think that the other female only items he can not wear. It is mostly a reference to that time in its own game where hehave to dress up as a lady.
VS>FFT>FF IX=DA:O>FF V=CC=PE2>FF VIII=FF XII=ME3=CT=PE>Crysis II>FF III>FF VII>Crysis I>SCII>ME:A>SC>FF X=FF IV>FF VI
---
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Taterzz

Taterzz
3 weeks ago#8
soldiers need their cute ribbons, it's why they're so powerful and dangerous.
You just lost the game.

User Info: ThinkSpec

ThinkSpec
2 weeks ago#9
sano83 posted...
The earliest that you can recruit the Pig is in Zigolis Swamp mission, while Mustadio is a guest character, you get attacked by several undead. There is a chance that a Pig would show up.
There can be only one, and it is only in the mandatory mission, so if you kill it there or it doesn't show up, and you did not save before, you will have to wait until there is another chance to find it.

Cachusha, Barette and Ribbon are "Hair Adornments" that can be only wear by female human units and Onion Knights (whatever the gender they are).
Female Monks, that usually can not wear anything on the head slot, can wear them (so if a monk and a female monk have the same stats, a female monk will be better because can use those items).
The four perfumes (Cherche, Sortilege, Chantage and Septieme) and the Tynar Rouge is also Female Only.

Cloud can also wear Ribbons, but I think that the other female only items he can not wear. It is mostly a reference to that time in its own game where hehave to dress up as a lady.

While the crash course of all Female Only items is appreciated, no one really asked about what are those. The next posters only ask about the pigs.

What is weird is Evaporated Water could have get and "wear" a Cologne as one of the reward for the mission on their respective game but somehow he could not wear perfume on this game

User Info: sano83

sano83
2 weeks ago#10
ThinkSpec posted...
the crash course of all Female Only items is appreciated
No problem.

ThinkSpec posted...
Evaporated Water
It took me a little while to realize that you where talking about Cloud.
VS>FFT>FF IX=DA:O>FF V=CC=PE2>FF VIII=FF XII=ME3=CT=PE>Crysis II>FF III>FF VII>Crysis I>SCII>ME:A>SC>FF X=FF IV>FF VI
---
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
  3. How does RNG work with poaching monsters?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A