• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
  3. This game is SO much better with the unstretch and slowdown fix.

User Info: DreoreSilere

DreoreSilere
8 years ago#1
Thanks to whoever made the patch. :D

User Info: Elemaster55

Elemaster55
8 years ago#2
So I have the slowdown fix installed a-okay...what exactly does the unstretch fix do?

User Info: Just Joe

Just Joe
8 years ago#3
Basically what the name implies.
'm not sure what the resolution really is, but the game was not actually made to fit the PSP screen (I'd honestly never noticed until seeing it fixed, but the shops are especially jarring to see the difference).

~R.I.P. Reggie White #92~ NYY:
Mister, mister, have you seen my mad skills?? *proceeds to beat box furiously*- Dodavion 2000-2001.

User Info: Disturbed0ne

Disturbed0ne
8 years ago#4

Basically what the name implies.
'm not sure what the resolution really is, but the game was not actually made to fit the PSP screen (I'd honestly never noticed until seeing it fixed, but the shops are especially jarring to see the difference).

I actually prefer the screen resolution the game has standard for the PSP, the original (unstretched) version is a bit to small for me to see. In my old age my eyes aren't as good as they used to be.

The person that made this plugin would be none other than Archaemic, who has also found and released an exploit (a modified TIFF for 5.03 and a few other exploits as well as some homebrews). He's a great dev and a definite credit to the PSP scene.

Also, here's the latest version of Livepatch (v0.1.3 and the debug v0.1.3) as well as the latest WotL patches -

Livepatch v0.1.3 - http://www.mediafire.com/?a43zv9r0yfjh3a2
Livepatch v0.1.3 debug - http://www.mediafire.com/?fyg3b98s47yem25
Latest WotL patches - http://www.mediafire.com/?hh3y5gakacaa777

I'll post a thread if Archaemic releases any updates for Livepatch or the WotL patches in this forum.
"I'm okay with black people so long as they don't surround me out of the blue and start rapping at me" ~ Igloo Bob

User Info: Just Joe

Just Joe
8 years ago#5
I hadn't really planned on keeping the unstretch on m'self, not until I wandered into the shops when they weren't being effected by the patch. Once I saw how blurry they were I couldn't un-see it.

'rest of the game looked fine enough, but those images hurt my eyes once I finally noticed it.

~R.I.P. Reggie White #92~ NYY:
Mister, mister, have you seen my mad skills?? *proceeds to beat box furiously*- Dodavion 2000-2001.

User Info: Mega_Tyrant

Mega_Tyrant
8 years ago#6
The native resolution of WOTL is 340x240 somewhere between a 3:2 and 4:3 aspect ratio, the PSP's screen resolution is 480x272 which is pretty much a 16:9 aspect ratio. The result of stretching to the PSPs resolution is that the image is blurry and a bit deformed.
Bludgeo'd for hammer...

User Info: Elemaster55

Elemaster55
8 years ago#7
I have decent enough eyesight I think, but the unstretched screen is a little too small for me. I'll take blurriness that I can see over crisp sharpness that strains my eyes reading it. C'est la vie I guess.
(message deleted)

User Info: adooshbag

adooshbag
8 years ago#9
I too don't use the unstretch patch, because I typically play my PSP at home on my TV. It doesn't fill the whole screen (no PSP game played on the TV does) but it fills a lot more than it does with the patch. Can't wait to see if they come out with anything else--I'd really love a couple of the nice things that hacktics has made over the years to be available as a patch, rather than needed to mod an .ISO. For instance, I'd love a patch that allows special characters (Agrias, Mustadio) to perform the Tavern quests, or the patch that lets you purchase anything that you have had stolen/rent in battle from the Poacher's Den.

User Info: Disturbed0ne

Disturbed0ne
8 years ago#10
Archaemic released new patches that are now compatible with the Japanese version of WotL

Here they are - http://www.mediafire.com/?psjs461ohxv121j
I AM POPULAR ON THE INTERNET I SAY. ITS ALL I HAVE LEFT ;_; X_Dante_X
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
  3. This game is SO much better with the unstretch and slowdown fix.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A