• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
  3. Can you use itemized kill to to get top equipment from the Grottos' guardians?

User Info: Slimeknight

Slimeknight
1 month ago#1
Question.
What's a more awkward title? Final Fantasy II or the Neverending Story II?

User Info: Thard_Verad

Thard_Verad
1 month ago#2
I think it only guarantees a drop, not necessarily the rare drop. You might end up with a lot of Dragontail Whips if you try it.
"Many in harmony surpass one in perfection." - Guildmaster, Etrian Odyssey II

User Info: regirafariger

regirafariger
1 month ago#3
Not only that, but against grotto bosses, I think I remember that it only has a 50 / 50 to even work, and might fail altogether. If the idea is to attempt to farm the rare gear, some possible strategies that might help: make sure somebody in the party is carrying the Thief L40 scroll, and then maybe try not just for the Thief's coup de grace, but think about trying for the Thief / Armamentalist co-op de grace, which will sometimes guarantee a rare drop.
Pokemon Y? Pokemon Because.

User Info: regirafariger

regirafariger
1 month ago#4
Triggering the coup with all four party members is difficult, and will take an immense amount of patience. Some things can increase its chances of triggering, but they would take an immense amount of work to set up. Ranger, Martial Artist, and Luminary all have a slightly higher chance to trigger it, and then once somebody in your team has it triggered, there is an increased chance others will also. The Critical Fan weapon, which comes out of that same S-rank chest from which you got your Knockout Rod, also helps the chances. So, if I were out to try for the rare drop co-op de gras, I would set this up: a team of Thief, Armamentalist, Ranger, Martial Artist, with as many of them as possible omnivocational in fans and with Critical Fans equipped. But, as I said, this would require immense work to make possible if you weren't already one of those completionists who tries to master every weapon class and collect multiples of every weapon.
Pokemon Y? Pokemon Because.

User Info: Throeaway

Throeaway
4 weeks ago#5
regirafariger posted...
I would set this up: a team of Thief, Armamentalist, Ranger, Martial Artist, with as many of them as possible omnivocational in fans and with Critical Fans equipped.
Also the armamentalist revocation medal! Every little helps when going for that elusive co-dG.

The other thing to mention is that there's obviously always the hoimi table manipulation method but if you want to try to do it all the totally honest way then all the more power to ye. Godspeed.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
  3. Can you use itemized kill to to get top equipment from the Grottos' guardians?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A